Export an Image never exports

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by n2rga, Jan 25, 2013.

1. n2rga

n2rga

When I export and image into one of the directory's of the Documents folder the file never saves there is no error (If I was doing 100 logos and did not save or check a full days work would be lost ).
    If I export it to the desktop (what I have to do to make sure its exported)(pain in the u know what) it saves fine.
    I'm using v6 and windows7 64bit

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

WOOOOHOOO! betcha I know what the deeleeo is.....

Is there more than one user on your computer, with their own unique log in and password? If so read on...

Get them to log on, then look at their documents folder.....

3. n2rga

n2rga

WHOOOOONOOOOOO
    I'm the only Password ed user on the computer and I checked the default and public folders and nothing in there.
    Good try anyway
    thanks

4. n2rga

n2rga

Any help on this Bug

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Create a "sacrificial" logo--- just toss a couple of elements onto a new logo canvas and export it to a folder in your documents library. Choose any folder.

GIVE IT A REALLY UNIQUE NAME LIKE "8675309" when you export it (the exported picture format doesn't matter). -- you want something you can remember.

Now navigate to the folder you exported the completed logo to, and right mouse click on the folder, and select PROPERTIES.

Select SECURITY.

Check the folder PERMISSIONS.

security.JPG This is a clip of the permissions for a folder I exported a couple of test logos to.

Your permissions may be a bit different. The permissions shown are pretty important---

NOTICE "LIST FOLDER CONTENTS"!

Don't be afraid to change permissions, if you are the only user, you have no worries. I won't be back online for about 12 hours-- let me if this points you in the right direction!

6. n2rga

n2rga

The permissions are the same and the Image saved fine. It doesn't happen all the time.