Experimenting With Tlc

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by blackknight, Apr 25, 2005.

1. blackknight

blackknight

I have made some new discoveries by experimenting with TLC. I can make a stylized water wave by pressing new element, then changing "new" to a "c" for circle in SHAPES then close the circles in with charactor spacing, change the color to your background color then position it over a rectangle and you will have the wavy shape of water incorporated into your logo. You can have any size rectangle (width & length) by using the same procedure as above. Go "NEW" in insert new text element, then change to an R in the element setter and change the font to SHAPES which will give you a rectangle then highlight and press r a few times and you can now control the height and width of the rectangle. Do this with the STAR on your keyboard above the #8 go to SHAPES and press star a few times and you will have a string of stars. Press circle in the format box and vary the circle; now close it all together in the charactor spacing and you will get an effect similair to FIREWORKS (well almost) with a little tweaking it works well and with your imagination there is no limits. Enjoy and in a few days I will create some samples to show you.
    Blackknight P.S Here are a couple more of my samples. Not the ones I mentioned above. Those will come in a couple of days

Greg

Attached Files:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Awesome BK!
    You're very good at this!!

Those logos are terrific.

I will be posting more on the very powerful Shapes font that BlackKnight has mentioned. For more info, you can view the tutorial on SHAPES FONT

- Marc

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I was looking over the older posts in the forum this evening and came across this one from 2005.

Whatever happened to good ol' Greg?
    He had fun with The Logo Creator

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

5. blackknight

blackknight

Hello to all. Life has got me sidetracked and very busy. Haven't been around in quite awhile because of projects I am working on. Besides doing ads and other design work, I also wrote enough last year to make 4 books and am looking for a publisher. On top of that, I am also driving taxi, so my plate has been full. It has been so long since I have stuck my head in but I would like to say hello to all in here that know me and to anyone that I don't know. Much success to all.
    Greg
    p.s. Marc, if you read this, I purchased a new laptop that is much more powerful than my old one. I lost all of my TLC and could not re-install on my new computer. I would like to get them back if possible.
    SORRY, THE MARITIMELOGOS.COM IS NO LONGER but I am still doing my designs

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

See us "old timers" keeping an eye out for each other!
    Good to hear you're doing ok sir. knight.
    MD