Error starting program

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Nico, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Nico

Nico

Hi i got this error msg everytime i try to starting TLC V3

This program has performed and illegal operation bla..bla..bla..

THE LOGO CREATOR V3 caused an invalid page fault in
    module <unknown> at 0000:10035d40
    register:
    bla..bla..bla

(please, see attachment for error msg picture)

what can i do to start using TLC without any problm ?

I used Athlon XP + gforce4 MX440 with Detonator latest update driver
    Win 98se and Norton AV Corporate Ed.

2. jamirae

jamirae

hmm.. hopefully someone can offer more help, in my experience an error like this is caused by two programs conflicting.

Have you tried uninstalling, reboot, and then reinstalling TLC? sometimes that helps. While I'm no windows expert, you may want to try running regclean after installing. If you dont have that, you can get it at download.com ... I think this is the link to it:
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-881470.html?tag=list

3. KD-did

KD-did

4. Majestik

Majestik

Apparently it is the Norton program that is causing a conflict with Logo Creator. The developers, (I hope) might be working on a fix for this. No promises though, they seem to think that Norton should conform to them and not possibly work together. Well, I shouldn't say that, maybe not everyone with the company, but at least a couple. Perhaps if you want to try the product, you should uninstall Norton, then do a clean install of LC. Try it out before you reinstall Norton again because once you do that, LC will no longer work. Thanks for posting the error window. Maybe someone will see some sort of simple code that needs to be revised and this problem will be fixed. Good luck!!
    Majestik

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Nico.
    I'm sorry to say I don't know (yet) what the problem is. The error message is a Windows error message, not a message generated by TLC. The error message is basically saying that Windows choked - probably due to lack of memory.

Could be that you're running The Logo Creator on an old machine. Windows 98se is getting a bit outdated. Many programs are not compatible with it anymore. Even Microsoft has discontinued support of Windows 98.

Yes, Norton could also be the cause.

Majestik, I appreciate your comments, but be nice. I really don't think 'Norton should conform to The Logo Creator standards' as you put it. :)

It's just that I can't control (read; "program") a patch to be compatible with Norton! Norton's programming works with the innards of the OS. AND, not all Norton users are experiencing this conflict. I've got Norton running full time on my XP machine with no problems!

I'm sorry you sound so down on that issue. Truly, I don't want ANY conflicts with TLC!

- Marc

6. KD-did

KD-did

From my experience I would like to clarify the fact that TLC ran without any problems with Nortons onboard if installed from the CD. I only had problems when I downloaded TLC.

7. Majestik

Majestik

Marc,
    I appreciate your comment on wanting no conflicts with TLC. I am confused though, by me stating facts, do you think I am being "un-nice"?

Please, for my sanity and the sanity of others, visit the threads, "Rants and Raves > Application Error with XP" and "The Software > The Logo Creator > Question" to get a full scope of these two main issues. The problem with compatibility and lack of professionalism.

It disheartens me that I wasted so much time with this program. I finally got the trial version to work, by my own accord, and TLC really seems like a great program for graphics and imaging. However, Marc, you WILL NOT get my money for such a wonderful program, simply based on the history posted in the threads above. Might I suggest you step back from your work and look at the overall big picture here. It is good business practice that the customer is always right, and you lost this potential customer. I may be only one, but I have the nerve to stand up and speak out for a resolution.

Why did I bother? I honestly don't know, perhaps because I am a stubborn person. At least now I feel I got my point across, and I shall put the matter to rest.

Again, I wish you the best of luck with your company.

8. Lats

Lats Staff Member

No problem here either.