Embeding in acrobate

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Mudge, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Mudge

Mudge

Can the swf file created with the FAC be embeded int a pdf.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Mudge!

Can you embed any .swf file into a PDF?
    I haven't tried this.

Interesting question.

If you bring the assets folder (that is exported with your Ads ... the assets folder contains the images and text in your ad) it should work if the PDF is also next to the Assets folder.

I'll try this!

- Marc

3. Mudge

Mudge

Embeded SWF

Marc
    I have had the pdf in the same folder as the swf and the assets folder and when i go to embed the swf in a pdf I still get this error message Cannot create the movie annotation because the movie could not be loaded. This can occur if the file cannot be fournd or the URL is unreachable (marke sure proxy server settings are correct). I have several swf movies that i have embeded in pdfs and sent out to customers in a newsletter type thing and have never had a problem All the swf dont have an assets folder. Ther reason I bought this one was to do my own instead of relying on someone else to do them for me but if i cant put them in the pdf ...????? Also when will next update be and will there be sound while Ive got you here:) and do we already users get the update at no cost Apart from that it is a great way to get your creative juces flowing I like the program a lot

Cheers

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks for the comments Mudge!
    I appreciated the kind words.

The .swf file needs to read an external file (the 'assets' folder). This is the reason I belive it's not working correctly in the PDF doc.

I'm working feaverishly on this 'stand alone .swf' output.
    I've come a long way.

It's easy to import an image into an actuall Flash file (an .Fla file) - and save it. It's not so easy to import an image into an already created .swf file ... and resave it as another .swf!

Macromedia (now Adobe) puts out something called "The Flash 8 SDK" (Software developement Kit). This is a 200 page complex code documentation for developers. It tells you how to create an application that will output .swf.

Soon, all your troubles (with PDF importing) and the other users trying to import the .swf file into a program like Word or Front Page will be solved.

I can't put out version 2.0 until I nail this.
    ... and I will :)

Hang in there with me!

(and yes, version 2.0 will be a free upgrade to all current v1.0 users).

- Marc

5. Mudge

Mudge

Thanks Marc

For the time being Ill have to work around this. Maybe just post what I need to do on the site instead of via the downloadable pdf.Now that im using FAC,V.2 is more anticipated than my last child. (At least I can manipulate the FAC):) So as Bart would say...are we there yet; are we there yet; are we there yet.....:)