Embedded Fonts question

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by SteveJ, Aug 30, 2014.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ

Probably a silly question but where are the Embedded Fonts stored as am trying to create a .PSD file of the logo created in Logo Creator in another software (as Logo Creator doesn't save as .PSD file) and I need to save as .PSD file

The font I used in Logo Creator was an Embedded Font but it is not in the Windows/Font folder so can someone tell me how to use Embedded fonts

Thanking in advance

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

They are proprietary to Laughingbird Software. The embedded fonts will only work with the logo creator, That's why they're called embedded. You can't just "use" them in any other windows program. There is not a folder called "embedded fonts" that you can just copy and past from either.

You will not be able to edit the individual "layers" of the logo you created in The Logo Creator in photoshop. You can use all the elements in Photoshop though. Some are easier to import than others. If you wanna know how to do the more complicated ones (they're in special DB files which are proprietary to The logo creator) let me know.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ

hmmm .. so using embedded fonts cannot be used in other programs.

Seems pointless in having them then

As cannot export as .PSD and cannot use the embedded fonts at this moment in time am finding there to be minuses in using this software

Basically, seems as long as do not use text then am usually ok as images get saved separately so import them individually into another prog and create the .PSD layers that way and use different font in he other prog and not Logo Creator ?

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

If you want your final product to be editable in photoshop, yes.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I guess I'm a little confused. (normal state for me).

This is 'The Logo Creator'. It's not Photoshop. While some exports from TLC can be used and/or modified in Photoshop, saying that the program is 'pointless' seems to be going a little far. Kind of like saying that MAC software is pointless because you can't use it on a windows PC. No, it's not pointless, it's just made for another program.

Having said all that, with the thousands and thousands of fonts available on the net, what 'embedded font' in TLC are you unable to find? I don't think Marc created these fonts. I ask this only because I've been able to find every font I've looked for from TLC. Even embedded fonts. Though I have not checked for all of them. Some are free, some have to be paid for. Just depends on how bad you want it. Here is one place to look ...
    http://www.fonts2u.com/

snginc and gcuneo2 like this.