Email problem

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Sun Country, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Sun Country

Sun Country

:image06: Just wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem with the email feature in TLC, Evertime I try to use it I keep getting an error messages after I send "Error: 10054 Connection reset by peer." & prior to sending "Error 11004 Valid name., no data record of requested type." Am I doing something I shouldn't ? Any advice or help would be appreciated

Bill

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

Doesn't work for me either, which in my case doesn't surprise me too much. It didn't ask for my SMTP server or username/password so I'm assuming it uses a Laughingbird server to send the email.

In that case, it would try to connect to the Laughingbird server on port 25 which my ISP blocks. There are also a lot of other ISP's that block ports 25 and 26 to specifically prevent the sending of email through any servers but their own. This is to help them regulate the spam that is being sent out from their network.

I'm not really sure how the email is being sent though, I'm just making a guess here, but, it is quite possible that your ISP is blocking the connection so you'll get an error message.

3. KD-did

KD-did

Did you save the logo to your desktop after prompting TLC to send an email or was it saved at a deeper level?

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I just used it and it worked perfect. What email addy are you using?

Also try this. Leave the mail from field blank. That should get you going.