Elements Gone in version 6.6

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Louisa, May 3, 2013.

1. Louisa

Louisa

I hunted everywhere for my order details when my computer (and had no response via the pages on FB to my cries for help) and eventually found them in paypal. I have now a nice new shiny version of The Logo Creator, but because I have none of my templates due to the computer crash, have to redo everything. Problem! There are no elements installed with this version. is it a bug? or do we now have to pay for them? Thanks

Louisa

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

So what version do you have? what OS are you using? When you say you have no elements do you mean nada, zip, nothing, zero, Ingenting, not a single element in the pull down menu?

Templates from version 5.2 and earlier are not compatible with version 6.0 and above.

3. Louisa

Louisa

Windows 8 (yes, I know yukky). Nothing. Niente. Nagonting (swedish!). I bought it fairly recently so the templates would have been compatible. But i lost them all. Am just interesed in the elements.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

There is a good chance the elements are installed- they are just not in the right location. They can only be in one place on your computer, and that location is non-negotiable. n.JPG

Look in your documents library for a folder called "Laughingbird documents": attached is a screenshot of what it looks like on my computer (also win8).

Open that folder called "Laughingbird documents".

Then open that folder labelled "logo elements".

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I only have 20 minutes left before my regular day starts, but other admins and mods will be around to help....

6. Louisa

Louisa

Hi, No..not there. here's a screen shot - thanks.

Attached Files:

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You've gone one layer too deep. You attachment shows that you haven't saved any templates you have worked on.

You are missing your LOGO ELEMENTS FOLDER! Yikes! Attached is what typically (I've got some extra stuff in there). is in the logo elements folder! logo ele.JPG

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

search your computer for this file: Alphabets.db it should be 11.7MB in size. Find that file, you've found your elements!

9. Louisa

Louisa

Thanks. I found a version of this hiding where i'd backed it up in my dropbox. dont know what happened to the original.

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

So is your problem resolved?

11. Louisa

Louisa

yes it is, thanks!