Elements Drop not working

Discussion in 'General Support' started by wavesweeper, Nov 14, 2013.

1. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

What am I doing wrong ??? Software is working , but seeing elements after dropping onto canvas is not showing up.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Are you pulling the image down onto the canvas not just clicking on image?

3. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

Oh yeah, droping onto canvas, but its a small image that looks like a pallet. I can rotate it and move around, but its not the image.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Search for all DS_STORE files on your computer, and delete them. Trust me on this, just do it.

5. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

I hate to ask, what are DS files ??? My Mac is new and I really only have photos and video on it .

6. KD-did

KD-did

Those are Mac files. In your case do NOT remove. What OS are you exactly?

7. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

I am running 10.6.8 Osx

8. KD-did

KD-did

9. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

This is the image I get when dropped to the canvas.

Element.JPG

10. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

I have gone from super stoked on this software to being ready to poke myself in the eye with a fork. I can import images to the canvas, use the elements images and edit them, but the file will not show itself as the chosen image. It would be nice to have a better support system. I am second guessing my software choice !!!!!!! Any help would be nice !!! See above image

11. KD-did

KD-did

Have you check to make sure your Snow Leopard is up to date? Neither Glenn (gcuneo2)
    or I are Mac users so I sent a "conversation" off to Marc regarding your problem of the broken file.

Imported files aren't necessarily found in TLC so I need to ask where is your import file being stored. Files from TLC aren't imported.Have you tried importing it from your desktop. Is the file either a jpeg or png file?

12. wavesweeper

wavesweeper

Thanks for getting back to me. I was using my photos
    to the canvas just as a test to see if the file would show itself. Lets forget about that. The problem still lies within the software. When I drag a element from the tool bar, such as a swoosh or a sphere I am getting the file icon as opposed to the image. I would think all the tools in the TLC would all work the same. I believe the icon is a missing photo icon but I can not get the TLC to show it. I believe my mac is up to date for everything. Also, if I look in my docs. the images are in my saved templates but will not show up on the canvas. I don't know what else to try.