Elements are no where to be seen in v6.6

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Sheriece Strickland, May 23, 2013.

1. Sheriece Strickland

Sheriece Strickland

I upgraded to v6.6 and now I have no elements. I had accidently deleted files on my computer and had to reinstall v5.2, it will not let me enter my key. The new version doesn't work....what do I do?
    http://screencast.com/t/O0BGafn2Ef

Thanks,
    Sheriece

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Begin by right mouse clicking on your recycle bin and open the recycle bin. See if they are in there.

ALSO: MAke sure 6.6 is installed on your c: drive.

3. Sheriece Strickland

Sheriece Strickland

Nothing in recycle bin, I have program files and program files (x86) where I found this http://screencast.com/t/TAywrdLPYBZb. Why can't I delete everything and begin again? I have tried that and this is where it got me.

-S

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Search your entire computer for the following file, it is part of version 5.2.

BlueBeveled_Letter -A.png

If you cannot find the following file, then you have to re set everything up.

if you do find it, that is where your elements are.

5. Sheriece Strickland

Sheriece Strickland

Nope, not there. Isn't there a simple solution?
    -S

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

7. Sheriece Strickland

Sheriece Strickland

I have all the zip files, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I now have 2 versions of Logo Creator on my computer (5.2 and 6.6), neither has full functionality. I don't know what else to do, I wish I had never tried to upgrade now I have nothing!!

Very disappointed,
    Sheriece

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Im not at home so this might be slightly off.....

navigate to the assests folder in 5.2 . open the logo elements folder. copy the shapes folder (CTRL-C). paste that folder into the logo elements folder found in your laughingbird documents directory-- it's located in your doucments directory.

DELETE THE SHAPES_DB FILE FOUND IN THE LOGO ELEMENTS LIBRARY!

I will be home in 10 hours and can give you better directions then!

9. Sheriece Strickland

Sheriece Strickland

I guess I'll need to wait for your return, I have made a screen capture video so you can see what I see on my computer. If you can make a video for me once you see the problem it will make this much easier, I'm not super technical and find this very frustrating. http://screencast.com/t/s7L594FuN

Thanks,
    Sheriece

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

th
    The program files, as depicted in your screencast can be located anywhere. The location of the Laughingbird Documents library is non negotiable: It absolutely, positively, must be in the following location, for version 6.0 and above of THE LOGO CREATOR:

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents

On your computer "Glenn" would of course be different.

When customers cannot locate templates or element libraries 99% of the time it is because the logo elements and logo libraries are not in the location depicted.

ssssss.JPG

If you need to "get smart" on libraries:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/libraries

11. Eric KASTLER

Eric KASTLER

Hi

Got the same problem when upgrading...

I have actually Logo Design Suite including The Logo Creator v 5.3

Version 6.6 has been installed seperatly, working but didn't show any Logo Elements nor Logo Libraries.

I read this topic and did copy "Logo Elements" & "Logo Libraries" in My documents>Laughingbird Documents

Well ... here is the result :

- Elements : Somes where showing & some not ... I had to scan each directory and
    1- remove all .DS_store file ( blocking all the reading )
    2- rename some files with special caracters ( ok in 5.3 but not in 6.6 ) example : for Alphabet_bluePortal > Logo_#.png TO Logo_hachtag.png ; Logo_&.png TO Logo_and.png

... the solution is here but quite complicated and long for an upgrade NO ?

- Templates are not showing at all... guess nothing to do here as I guess TLC files are different between 5.3 and 6.6. Do you have a solution ?

Hope this helps !

Regards
    Eric

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Version 5.2 / 5.3 of TLC installed it's stuff (the templates and elements is it's own directory. Version 6.0 and above incorporates the use of "libraries" in windows. In version 6.0 and above if your templates and elements are not in the correct location they won't show up in version 6.0.

HERE IS WHERE STUFF WAS STORED BEFORE 6.0:

52 location.JPG

TEMPLATES FROM VERSION 5.2 OF TLC ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 6.0 AND ABOVE. ELEMENTS ARE!

You can simply copy and paste the old element folders (but not the template folders) and past them into the location (element libraries) depicted below. THEY MUST BE IN THE EXACT SAME LOCATION (THE ELEMENT FOLDER) DEPICTED, otherwise they won't show up in the pull down menus....

( I DON'T KNOW WHY THE AMAZONMP3 THING IS HIGHLIGHTED....) I am also running win 8.1 (release preview) so you probably won't see "This PC"---

LOCATION2.JPG

Hashtags (#) typically show up in a file name when there is a problem with the file name (usually due to some crazy system font being used). It's the computers way of saying "Dude! hold on a minute .... I know sumption is supposed to go there, but I don't know what, soooooooo I'll just put this little tic tac toe shape there instead....

LOCATION.JPG

13. cyclingone

cyclingone

Same problem after upgrading to 6.6. No elements or templates. Using OSX 10.8. Where can I look to find this stuff on a mac? Very frustrating.

Barry

14. eggardner

eggardner

I am not upgrading to Version 6.6, this is the version that was delivered to me on Sunday when I purchased. I am also using a Mac, and I am not seeing any objects at all, and I cannot add any objects from the menu. I would rather not ask for a refund as I am still within the guarantee period, but it seems others are having the same issues, and they haven't been resolved as yet.

15. KD-did

KD-did

16. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hmmmmm....

I'm re-reading this thread.
    I think I understand now.

Upgrading from version 5.x to version 6.6 doesn't work.
    You need to upgrade first from version 5.x to version 6.0 -- THEN to v6.6

(version 6.0 is just a 'shell' --- there are no templates or logo elements with v6.6. --- version 6.6 only updates the mechanics of the software, it does not provide images. You (should) already have the images from version 6.0

If you never had version 6.0 --- you won't have the images.

I hope that makes sense.

Here's the upgrade info:
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/software-updates/

gcuneo2 likes this.
  17. Laurie

Laurie

I had a previous version of this software, years ago. No longer have that PC. I own a Mac now. Just bought the 6.6 Version and I have no elements…. what do *I* do??

18. william morin

william morin

How do I get the new 6.6 version to recognize the elements in my document folder.
    I have tried everything to get the 3d characters etc working, but nothing.
    Please explain the way to get this problem fixed.
    thank you

19. william morin

william morin

Also, I had previously designed logo with the following
    Animated Logo Edition
    Business Mascot
    Corporate edition
    Entertainment pak
    Real estate edition
    Spiritual edition
    Sports pac
    Travel & Leisure

Could you please advise where these programs have gone. I have been buying your items for a few years and last year upgraded to all new editions. But now there is no longer the logo design package i paid for as well as the above mentioned editions.
    I need these, as I have old clients looking to update their logos and most of the logos were made with the above editions
    Thank You

20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey William. Let me answer your first question, um, first!

Check the file extensions on your 3D characters and make sure they are lower case. I think some packages went out with .PNG instead of .png

The case must be lower in order for the program to read. Kind of a pain but you can use a free utility http://freecommander.com/ if you don't have anything. Let me know if that IS NOT your problem.