Effect of Macromedia suit and diabling of flash in I.E 6

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by BNDAZ, Apr 26, 2006.

1. BNDAZ

BNDAZ

"Microsoft on Tuesday made broadly available an Internet Explorer update related to a high-profile patent spat with a start-up backed by the University of California.

The update changes how the browser handles Web programs known as ActiveX controls. The changes can impact how certain sites display. Microsoft recommends Web developers tweak their pages or consumers will have to make an extra click to get to some content, such as Macromedia Flash-based animations or media content."

I wonder...how will Flash Ad Creator created ad be affected.
    Kind of makes them useless if they need to be clicked on to activate.

2. snoods

snoods

They dont need to be clicked in other browsers just IE. No big deal.

3. richardwing

richardwing

Hey Brandon....

I have a friend that has put up a fix here....

www.fastobjectfix.com

His name is Josh.

Marc, you might want to contact josh tell him I refered you over. He has an audio product he developed called www.TotalWebAudio.com and it creates flash audio players for webmasters to use on their pages. He has included a fix with his software so that his players will be fixed automatically to play on websites ignoring the issues with MS latest IE patch.

Hope that helps.

I came here tonight for that reason to give Marc the heads up if he had not already addressed the situation.

And Snoodz it is a big deal if you have customers that use IE. Just because you don't doesnt mean its not a big deal. Your head is in the sand if you think this is no big deal.

Firefox doesnt have a corner on the market yet. This latest IE patch will give a big push for firefox though.

I hate having to click twice every page load on a flash site.

Richard Wing

4. snoods

snoods

Yes its so difficult to click twice on a flash box to see it LOL

My head is nowhere near sand and please dont be presumptious about Firefox i am an avid IE user and always will be, i am currently using IE 7 with no problems.

Good Day.

5. richardwing

richardwing

Why couldnt you be helpful and offer that as a suggestion instead of commenting that it was no big deal which is not a helpful comment.

The forums are here for people that are looking for answers.

But I guess you just like to see your own writing. Like some people like to hear themselfs talk.

And you were being presumptious by thinking that the poster above didnt know that it was only a IE issue.

Don't you think he knew that already as he mentioned Microsoft and the IE issue in his post.

He was seeking a solution so that he can continue to use IE.

I offered one solution so that webmasters can optimize their sites for those that are afficted.

You offered no solution. When you had one all along.

Are you the only one that can have an opinion here. You say its no big deal and I disagree. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion as you are? I even backed up my opinion with a reason. Did you?

No! not until you came back and said that you use IE 7 . Now that is a valid reason to say that its no big deal.

Regardless it doesnt solve the issue off the millions of people that use 6.0 still with the update that makes it very annoying to work with flash sites.

Richard Wing

6. snoods

snoods

I like to see my own writing Richard? LOL

Where did i say no one could voice their opinions? You making it up as you go along now?

The 2 click is irriration but it's still no big deal IMHO

7. BNDAZ

BNDAZ

Thanks Richard
    And snoods, it may not be a big deal to you, but for webmasters who use flash animation for IMPACT it is. What good is a flashy animation if the visitor has to first read about how ActiveX controls need to be activated to view a part of a webpage correctly then need to click twice on a speccific object to see it "work" correctly.
    It is more likely that the visitor will leave the site first...first impressions.

8. snoods

snoods

Oh well, we'll agree that some website visitors are more annoyed than others.

It certainly doesn't make me leave websites if the content is of interest to me. (The website, NOT the flash ad) LOL

9. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

snoods,

please be a bit more respectful. I myself don't use Internet Exploder anymore either(not for years now) but that doesn't mean the points brought up about the MS patch are not valid concerns for those that do or have patrons that do.