Editing Importing PSD Files

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Art Di Segna, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Art Di Segna

Art Di Segna

Hi have some PSD files that I would like to import into Logo Creator 6.0. Is there any way to import and edit these files?

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You just can't import any image format, and generally can only import the formats you can export (JPG and PNG). If you have a picture or a graphic in a different format there are tons of free file conversion tools, and photo editors that can convert stuff just fine.

In Photoshop, or photoshop elements: save as a jpg, or png, You just can't "edit" the image in TLC, besides basic colorization, opacity, size, or rotating the image.....

Attached is a PSD file I edited in Photoshop elements (I'm not an artist- I just changed some colors really quick to get the idea across) and saved as a PNG file (which is designed to replace the GIF file format).

The first one is the original psd file, but saved as a png file so it can be used in TLC. TLC does not have the ability to select areas of an image and change gust that area (like the color of this characters hat for example). bmuni.png

The second file is saved as a jpg. In Photoshop (or anything with a "fill tool" changing colors, adding textures or whatever, is usually only a few mouse clicks away. All the areas (hands, shoes, or face for example) have well defined borders, which makes changing things around a bit easier.

2bmuni.jpg

And of course, through the magic of layering, I erased all the colors in the main image in about 5 seconds.

3 bmuni.jpg