1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

ecovers

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by Gregg Hall, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Gregg Hall

Gregg Hall

How do you create the spines and backs for ecovers and then integrate them all into the ecover maker?

The software has lots of great features but the instructions on how to use it or horrible.

Gregg:image09:

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. Gregg Hall

Gregg Hall

This doesn't really address my question. For example when trying to create a spine image, the text goes horizontally instead of vertically. You would think the software would be intuitive enough to make the default vertical since that is how the sample text is. How do I make it go vertical?

AND, How do I add the back of the ebook?

Gregg

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Gregg.

To make the spine of the eCover, you can use The Art Center.
    Pull down the template menu (on the left panel), select "spines".

You'll see a few start-off examples. You can modify these, or create your own.

To create your own spine, start off with a (new) blank canvas. Click and drag the canvas to a general 'vertical' size. Add text. To rotate the text - so you can turn it vertical - , you can use the 'rotate' tool (found under the Attributes button).

Import graphics and place them where you want.

Finally, export the spine image as a Jpeg.

Launch any of the eCover tools.

For the animated, spinning eCover tools, you can press the appropriate button to bring in your new spine image.

For the 3D eCover app, you can right click over the spine of any box or book image. This will call up a dialog box asking you to import your spine.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Let me know.

Marc

5. JohnJTW

JohnJTW

I am having a problem turning the type so it is straight going verticle. It looks uneven.

And, for some reason the type looks broken (I use Arial) and shrink it down with he reducing button.

Why does the font look broken?

Thanks