1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

eCover Sizes

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by HomeBiz, Jul 26, 2005.

1. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi Everyone,

Ok here are the sizes that I was able to extract form the other images directory:

Some have 2 different sizes:

Front & Back: 352x430 - 419x512

Top Texture: 352x86 - 422x104

Bottom: 351x85 - 413x100

Inside & Inside P: 419x512

spline2: 101x512

Spline Opposite: 89x430 - 101x510

Spline Texture: 85x430 - 101x510

Disc Texture: 583x495

Marc please clarify these sizes and what they are used for!

Enjoy
    HomeBiz
    :WOW1:

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Thanx for sharing mate, saves me some figuring out to do.
    I was thinking the 2 sizes have to do with one being used in the still images and the other in the animated images ?
    I've also noticed that flash export 2 (with the buttons) sticks to the software box shape and
    doesn't change when exporting a different 3d model. and the back and side images keep having the original images (and size) while the ones made in ecover do show up, they're smaller and don't cover the originals. Know what to do?

MD

3. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi MasterDesign,

Try downloading and using the blank templates that I made, they cover the full software boxes etc.

Also I found out that if you delete the images out of the TempGraphics directory it will go back to the original images do not delete the .DS_Store file!!!

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

P.S.
    I have not played with the flash stuff as of yet, but will try this weekend.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

HomeBiz - the sizes you put up are correct!

If you look into the TempGraphics folder, you'll see two files of each (sides, tops, bottoms...)

MasterD was correct. One size is for the Photorealistic portion, the other is for the animated Flash boxes.

The images with the extension of "_PR" (PhotoRealistic) are the larger ones.

I'm going to update the software AGAIN :) on Friday.
    If you create a Front, Top, Side etc. from the "TLC" engine, they don't fit the "Flash with buttons" 3D box. I'll fix this for good.

The reason: the original templates contained white surroundings. When the software sucks in the images for sizing purposes, it crops out the white areas! This makes the "sizing" script I wrote think the images are smaller than they really are. The 'white surrounding' images for example, were 400x400. When the white was cropped out automatically, it made the engine think the sizes were 397x362.

Thus, when mapping the image to the 3D flash box, the image was smaller than it should be.

5. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Marc,

Thanks for the update Marc.

Is there suppost to be a Bottom directory under the eCover Selection?

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

6. RyanBessling

RyanBessling

Hi Marc,

I am having problems in PhotoRealistic mode. I can make great covers there but, when it is time to render, I get the eternal hour glass and it doen't finish rendering.
    Also when I create the same box cover in Flash mode, the top image of the box just turns dark gray and no image shows up. Well I uploaded the flash box with just a front and 2 sides no top or bottom. I made sure to upload the Assets fold and the SWF file. The webpage shows up but only a shadow shows up! No Box. Can you take a look at the Flash page I am talking about?
    http://jasongibsonjr.com/Flash_Webpage.html

I also had the same issue listed above with the Flash with buttons eCover. I am glad someone else pointed that one out.

I think the is by far the best eCover Creator Software on the Market!
    Once the bugs are worked out eCover Creator Software will be the Shinizit!

7. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi RyanBessling,

Could you please let us know if you are running on a Mac or Windows system?
    It will help us to identify your problems.

I have found out that the OpenGL Render works the best!

If your using DirectX then make sure you are running DirectX 7+

I will be working with the Flash stuff this weekend so I will pst what I find out.

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

8. wisemanpublishers

wisemanpublishers

im useing windows

im useing windows and im having the same problems so i cant add it to a webpage...need an update marc you still have it in beta mode.. :getting n :help2a: .billy wiseman

9. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

change the rendering engine to open gl, i had the same problem, not anymore.
    MD

10. wisemanpublishers

wisemanpublishers

i didnt see the book Laughingbird for Dummys will you tell me how...billy

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

In e-cover right klick anywhere in workarea choose renderer from dropdown menu then tick the open gl box.

Good luck
    :beer:
    MD

12. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

For some reason OpenGL works the best with eCover Creator, I found this out when I first used it.

Now there's a great title for an eBook "LaughingBird for Dummies" I like that LOL! :banana

MasterDesign and I are both working on getting some tutorials together to help all you new comers to the eCover Creator...

It will take some time to write these.

As far as the font problems above I would try re-installing the eCover Creator and see if that fixes your font problems. I think I read some where's that Windows XP has problems when more then 200 fonts are installed...

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words Ryan!

Your problem is very odd.
    MasterD, HomeBiz... you both mention you were having this problem with the 'invisible' Flash file -- but when you switched to 'OpenGL', this problem dispeared. ?

Actually, the Flash module has nothing to do with the rendering machine. OpenGL is only used for the smoothing out of the PhotoRealistic models. Some graphics cards behave differently so we added this "rendering option" feature (by the way, this "little" feature is one of the main reasons the software was delayed!).

Ryan, I'll do some testing on this end.
    I'm not sure why your spinning file isn't showing up! If you forget to upload the "Assets" folder, the spinning box should still BE there, but it'll contain generic graphics.

Can you put what you have exported into a .zip file and eMail it to me?
    marc@thelogocreator.com

Anybody else reading this have this invisible .swf problem when they upload both the Flash.html page (which can be renamed to anything you wish by the way), the .swf file and the Assets folder to the server?!

- Marc

14. wisemanpublishers

wisemanpublishers

MasterDesign and I are both working on getting some tutorials together to help all you new comers to the eCover Creator...

As far as the font problems above I would try re-installing the eCover Creator and see if that fixes your font problems. I think I read some where's that Windows XP has problems when more then 200 fonts are installed...

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

15. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Must have missed that meeting?!
    :beer:
    MD

16. wisemanpublishers

wisemanpublishers

HomeBiz,above stated above and below,,if you missed that meeting could homebiz be not telling the Truth??now homebiz dont state things that are not so :+} :joker:

For some reason OpenGL works the best with eCover Creator, I found this out when I first used it.

Now there's a great title for an eBook "LaughingBird for Dummies" I like that LOL!

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

17. RyanBessling

RyanBessling

Hi HomeBiz and MD, Thank you very much! Open GL worked real good. By the way I'm on a Windows XP PC. Marc, Please make a post when the flash with buttons bug is fixed. I think that will be the feature that will make my software sell through the roof.
    As for "Also when I create the same box cover in Flash mode, the top image of the box just turns dark gray and no image shows up. Well I uploaded the flash box with just a front and 2 sides no top or bottom. I made sure to upload the Assets folder and the SWF file. The webpage shows up but only a shadow shows up! No Box. Can you take a look at the Flash page I am talking about?"
    http://jasongibsonjr.com/Flash_Webpage.html

Once again, Thanks!

Ryan Bessling

18. wisemanpublishers

wisemanpublishers

i have that same problem that i cant add it to a webpage so i linked it to my webpage http://68.185.18.134:8088/eCover.swf but its not as good as getting the swf file in my webpage marc are there any anwsers are you checking into this?? Billy

19. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi MasterDesign,

You mentioned in a previous post that you were getting right on it,

Come up

I am also starting to work on some tutorials. I have been creating some graphics from the eCover Creator to display the different options etc. If you would like these when I am done please let me know.

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

20. MrX

MrX

I have the same problem as Ryan and have sent you the files Marc.

- module 3 rotating flash, the back of the CD doesnt appear, it is all black (I used the same image as the front) when I do a preview.
    - spinning file isn't showing up, just the shadow when the flash.html page, the .swf file and the Assets folder are uploaded to the server.
    - module 3 rotating-flash the back of the box is not completely covered by the image (you already identified this problem, thanks Marc)

That's all. Great piece of software and easy to use! :thankyou:

Cheers!