Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by D_Terpstra, Nov 10, 2004.

1. D_Terpstra

Hello All,

I've only posted here once and it was on the EBBCC forum which was taken down shortly after that. I, like many of you who purchased this software became increasingly frustrated as time went on. When the forum disappeared without a word about it, I thought, Now What The ****. I made my purchase almost 2 yrs. ago and I know many of you probably did as well and I visited the forum for months hoping for news of an update or new version and then poof the forum was gone.

This morning I decided to talk to Marc personally and find out what the heck was going on. I knew I wasn't going to get the run around or if I did I'd know it since I deal with programmers daily in my business. I design software for the Residential Design and Build Industry by the way. After a couple of minutes into the conversation I discovered Marc was experiencing many of the frustrations that I've experienced as he to contracts out portions of his work to others and relies on their promises and passes it along and it becomes a vicious circle. That along with our complaints, pm's, emails etc. adds to some pretty extreme pressures that he already puts on himself in trying to get this product out the door. I suggested to Marc that he at least post something on the forum regularly to let us know that progress is being made and he agreed to open up the EBBCC forum again and do that, except it will be more like the announcement section and you won't be able to post to it, but at least you'll be informed. So guy's, please take a couple of steps back, take a deep breath and exercise your already obvious patience. We're all in this boat together so lets give the man some breathing room and we'll have our software soon. If you have any questions for me, feel free to send a pm.

2. dleyanna

Very nice to hear. I was looking over the forums looking for info on the product before I gave Marc another call (once a quarter or so...)

I understand the issues well. I am a programmer and I depend on programmers.

GOOD LUCK MARC! We are pulling for you!

Dave LeYanna
  3. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Thanks for your message.

I am a software developer too and have also shared in the same problems with contract work. Many have taken the money and run. Kind of like those bad contractors who want 50% up front and say they will be back next week and then never return.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hey there D.
    Thanks so much for your posting here.

I'm about to update the eBook and Box Cover forum.
    I just wanted to thank you for the nice post :)

It was good talking to you as well! I love feedback :D

- Marc

5. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

for those waiting in vain....

I have seen it breath myself :)