E-book Question

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by RJWalicki, Apr 24, 2008.

1. RJWalicki

RJWalicki

Hi All -

I'm new to this forum, so still trying to get my bearings as I navigate around. (Might not even be in the right place for this question ....)

Anyway, I just picked up Web Graphics Creator (v.3) and am getting my feet wet. Looks like a great little program though! One question some of you more experienced users may be able to answer concerns the e-book function.

When you look at the back of one of the sample images, it shows a pleasant picture of a man with his laptop in an easy chair, with "biographical" text in the background.

Here's the question(s): How would you get the text onto such a page? If I use the text function in Web Graphics, I get one long string of letters that stretches across the page and can't be read. Do I need to create the text in some other program and paste it in? If so, as what kind of file?

I'll appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
    Richard

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Putting an image onto an eCover

Hi Richard.
    Great question.

The image (attached here in this reply) was created with The Art Center portion of the software.

Here's what I did:

I grabbed the image of the easy-chair-man from http://www.photoobjects.net (you should have received a free 1 month subscription key to this site when you purchased the software).

Once I downloaded the image of the man, I launched The Art Center portion of the software and created a blank (NEW) canvas.
    I imported the image into The Art Center using the File > Import menu command.

I then typed in the text and shrank it to fit the image.

Next, I used the Export menu and exported my image as a full size Jpeg.

I then Exited out of the Art Center, and launched the spinning 3D eCover module.

I then imported the image (using the "import front" button) onto the eCover ...and Violá!

If you open the software and read this step by step, it should be easier than it appears here in this long reply :)

Marc

Attached Files:

3. RJWalicki

RJWalicki

Thanks Marc. Sounds simple enough. Actually, right now, I'm not at the computer that has the software, so I'll have to try it out later.
    Actually, the bigger problem I was having concerned the text. Did you type out the text in the Art Center? Why does my text string out in a straight line when I do it there?

[I don't recall receiving any reference to the photoobjects site you mentioned above. (I guess I'll check my original e-mail acknowledgement if I still have it.)]

You created a really nice program here! I'm looking forward to putting it to good use.

Richard

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Yes, I used The Art Center (see attached).
    You'll have to play with the text a bit to get it all to fit.

You can also use Word or whatever Text editor you have. Type in some text and simply take a screenshot of it all. There are many screen capture utilities out there. Google for some.

You can then bring this text-screenshot.jpeg into the Art Center.
    Just a thought.

Lol, just like a builder, you have to use all of the tools in the tool box to get the perfect work of art.

Attached Files:

5. RJWalicki

RJWalicki

Got it! That's pretty much what I thought I'd need to do.

Thanks again.