Duplicate Text or Image

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Adriennedy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Adriennedy

Adriennedy

I have created a logo and I want to import my own image to put on the logo. However, everytime I import and then move it to the spot I want, it leaves the original image. Now I have two of the same thing. How do I delete the one I don't want. Everytime I try to delete it, it deletes both.

I have also had this issue when working with the text. If I go to change the wording on the text it will duplicate the text also.

Help!!!!!!:image06-1:

Adrienne

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

can you give us a screen shot of your problem

3. Adriennedy

Adriennedy

Not sure how to show you

Hopefully this will show you what I am talking about. I only want one Take Life's Voyage.

Adrienne

Attached Files:

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

??

That's odd.
    I've never seen this issue before.

What version of TLC are you running Adriennedy ... and on what platform (Windows XP? Vista?)

- Marc

5. Adriennedy

Adriennedy

I just downloaded the software yesterday. It is Version 5 and I am using Windows XP. It really is a hit and miss problem. Sometimes it does it, and sometimes it does. I have found myself starting over from scratch when it does do it, which causes more headaches.

Adrienne

6. BigDawg

BigDawg

Experiencing the same issue

I am experiencing the same issue. I installed the software on 6/9. I am running it in OS X. The issue happens with imported images and images and text included within the software.

Attached Files:

7. Wicked

Wicked

This is odd. I run the same platform as Adri and have never encoutered that.. I am not sure why it would act up on one machine but not the other while running the same platform.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Okay now this is strange.

Two different platforms with the same problem in the same week? The software has been selling for over a year in the new v5.0 format. No issues like this have ever come up.

I'll check on this one.

Do either of you (BigDawg, Adriennedy) happen to know what font you used to get this double text? ANY font? Or some font off your own hard drive.

Also, are you both using the English keyboard?

- Marc

9. BigDawg

BigDawg

In the example that I posted, I had not chosen a font. I had just entered the text and clicked "Use this text".

As Adrienne mentioned, the problem seems to be intermittent. I first noticed it when I tried to insert an orb. I ended up closing the softare and rebooting. It worked then. The next time it happend I was inserting an image. Again I restarted and it worked fine. Today it happened trying to insert text. The one thing in common is that I had been working on the logo for a good while before the trouble started. It's almost as if something triggered the error. I spent time going through the tutorials thinking that I had inadvertly changed a setting or something. I didn't see anything so that is when I decided to check out the message boards.

I am using a U.S. style keyboard on my laptop.

10. richrider

richrider

I'm experiencing the same problem in a classroom setup. We are running Windows XP - Sp2 with the latest updates. This problem only happens on a handful of computers. How and why it happens I'm not sure, but it crops up without warning.

If someone from support can look into this and let me know why the text or image elements would be duplicating I would appreciate any feedback (as would my students).

Thanks you,

Richard Hendricks

11. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Rich.

Yes, this issue has popped up a number of times.
    I think we may have fixed it with an update to the software:

http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates

Grab the free v5.1 updater.
    This should do the trick for you.

Marc

12. richrider

richrider

I'm going to download another copy of the 5.1 updater - but I did have an older copy of the 5.1 updater (when I deployed my lab image this year) and we are still running into this issue.

I'm going try the newly downloaded 5.1 updater on a few of the problematic computers to see if it helps.

I'll let you know my results.

Thanks,

Rich Hendricks

13. richrider

richrider

Still there

I applied the 5.1 update and the issue is still there. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rich