dpi settings

Discussion in 'New to the world of Forums?' started by Dawn Hargrove, May 22, 2014.

1. Dawn Hargrove

Dawn Hargrove

Thought I would throw this out there to see if someone might have the answer... Is there a way to change the graphics settings from 72 to 300 dpi. I recently needed to design a sign for our store and none of the sign company's could use any of the art work from logo creator????????

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

gunsmoke likes this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah there's tons out there, It's all a matter of preference and skill level...

6. Dawn Hargrove

Dawn Hargrove

ok tks I understand what dpi settings are I have summit soft logo creator Pro that is vectorized I like the ease of use of logo creator and was hoping there was a setting that could be changed I do own photo shop and other software as well I converted the Image to 300 dpi but it was blurry and pix-elated and the only way to use the art work was to redesign it in another program

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I always recommend for commercial printing you make the logo as big as possible. You take the size of the logo, let's say 500 x500 and multiple those numbers to come up with the amount of data you have to work with.. in that example the image will contain 250,000 bytes of info. You can only stretch that data so far. Version 6.0 of TLC has a max template size of 2880 x 2880, version 6.6 and above only 1440 x 1440. The 2880 x 2880 size results in an image that contains 8,294,400 bytes of data---

If using Photoshop to resize be sure to select BICUBIC SMOOTHER option to help with the pixellation.

Many customers have requested the 300DPI feature to return....

The vast majority of the logo elements (The ones that show up as yellow folders in the document library) look wonderful in powerpoint by the way...

The Characters look really nice in Powerpoint!.jpg

8. KD-did

KD-did

With Photoshop when it is not at 100% viewing the file looks jagged. Make sure you were not using the thumbnail size.

gcuneo2 likes this.