Downloading logo sets

Discussion in 'New to the world of Forums?' started by Gary Hawthorne, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Gary Hawthorne

Gary Hawthorne

Not able to get logo sets to download. Only getting a few to show up. Windows 7 works fine, any ideas or others that have had the same problem.

2. Gary Hawthorne

Gary Hawthorne

The one that doesn't seem to work is windows 8

3. KD-did

KD-did

Try turning off your anti-virals or any accelerators while downloading. Traffic on the internet might be heavy at this time also.

gunsmoke likes this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Yep, what KD-did said! Also, are you getting any kind of error? Or is it just timing out? The more information you can provide, the better we can help you figure it out! :cowboyno:

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Also: if you have any silly "Save my pc" or "PC-Matic" type programs running, stop them, just give your computer the 3 finger salute (CTRL ALT DEL) to bring up your taskmanger and stop the processes associated with any "Save my PC" type programs. Windows 8, 7, 6, 5,4, or 3.0 is not the issue.

What logo sets are you trying to download, and where are you trying to download them from?

KD-did likes this.
  6. Frugal Soldier

Frugal Soldier

Greetings,

I purchased the Logo Creator Software a couple of days ago and I too am using Windows 8 and I have tried to download multiple times and I get the error "Cannot download. Try to download to your desktop or another location". Nothing seems to work so far. Any suggestions? Thank you.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Possibly there was work being on the website for today's announced sale. Try again as usual. Turning off your anti-virals or any accelerators while downloading. Turn off any "Save my pc" or "PC-Matic" type programs running,

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

My suggestion: don't use government computers to download the software, wait until you get home. Of course all the following is based upon your Laughingbird registration information... are you having problems downloading from your home computer, or on a governmet computer?

When I look at your "semi private" info i notice you are trying to download through what appears as a proxy server, thru a military network.

fhlproxy.liggett.army.mil with your ISP going thru a US Department of Defense Network. Uncle Sam would probably not appreciate that.

Your IP address also indicates it's real physical location as being in Washington D.C. at the Headquarters of the U.S. Army Information Systems Command (usaisc).

The proxy server is directing you to Hunter Liggett (in California), but again, the physical location of your IP address is in Washington D.C.

Yes, I realize the distance from what you listed as yourhome city to hunter liggett is only 35 miles away.

Wicked likes this.
  9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:ninja:Glenn, sometimes you scare me! :cowboyno:

Wicked likes this.