Dissatisfied Customer....

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Biskopen, May 24, 2007.

1. Biskopen

Biskopen

I have never written to a forum to complain before, although I am an active Forum user on many other sites having invested a lot of money in other software.

I purchased the AdCreator and LogoCreator software for my MacPro, not aware that the software had not been cleared for Intel Machines. Basically the software is useless.

I have sent 3 private mails to LBS without a reply. In my mails I asked that due to the unforeseen problems, if I could return (or destroy) the Mac software in exchange for the PC software, as I run both machines in my Recording Studio / Music School. As stated, I have not received any replies, and consequently see the investment as a company loss.

I feel very sad about this, as I have designed web sites for the past 17 years and have used (and bought) a lot of professional software for that task. The LBS seemed a wonderful product (as indeed it is), yet it would seem that their customer relations are somewhat on the downside.

Well, I hope that no one takes this complaint too personally. It´s a serious complaint, and I only hope to have it sorted at best. I hope it can, as I could quite happily buy ALL the LBS - it really looks terrific!.....:image06:

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sorry to hear of your problems Biskopen. I note you say you contacted LBS about this, was this via a pm to Laughingbird (Marc) the owner of Laughingbird Software? as Marc is very good when it comes to resolving customer issues. In his defence I will add that he said yesterday that he has thousands of emails and messages to go through after being away on a business trip.
    I will try to contact Laughingbird and ask him to look at this for you.

3. KD-did

KD-did

HMMMM That is rather odd you would be experiencing a problem as Marc writes all his programs on a Mac. I am a resonably new to the Mac world and I am running AdCreator and LogoCreator on my iMac without a problem.

What did you use to unzip? Did you do a repair permission after unzipping and installing?

Doc is correct a PM to laughingbird (Marc) is usually the best way to communicate with him. Be sure to provide him with the purchase information. I am certain you will end up a happy TLC user yet.

4. Biskopen

Biskopen

I am running the new MacPro Intel machine. Apparently, the software only runs on non-intel macs.:image09:

5. KD-did

KD-did

My iMac is Intel Core 2 Duo...so that isn't it. What did you use to unzip the program with?

6. Biskopen

Biskopen

Stuffit.

The programs have installed and work, but any files saved do not save correctly, and the Flash engine is based on Non-Intel, so when I try to view my work, the flash player crashes and I cannot see them, or use them.

The author of the software has stated elsewhere on this site that he is using a non-intel version of the programming software, and that this could be the problem.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Please explain what you mean by "do not save correctly". Saving with LBS will save it as an editable .tlc file. Try exporting to see if it gives you what you are looking for.

8. Biskopen

Biskopen

Well, they do save correctly then and I can export the files and get what I need.

The problem is that if I create a flash based Ad with AdCreator, when I try to run it on my Mac, or import it into a web page and then run the page, well, basically anything that requires the flash engine to view the files makes the flash player crash.

As I understand, the creator stated that the software was created with a non-intel (flash engine), and that others are also experiencing problems with a MacPro. :image10:

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. Biskopen

Biskopen

Will do, thanks.

The only other problem though is that I cannot run the ads in any browser that requires the flash engine (and of course, all do(!)), as the player always crashes....? :image09:

11. KD-did

KD-did

LOL...That makes no sense to me but I still have my training wheels on...Perhaps the the non working viewer is launched by the browser or where it is being uploaded to doesn't support that type of file

12. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Biskopen!

I am working hard on making this software better.
    We've almost got it working perfectly (with "TRUE" stand alone .swf output. NO need for any assets folder).

In the meantime, have you tried the other 'export' options? There are three total.

One saves all of the files to your own desktop. You upload everything manualy.

The other two will upload the 'assets folder' (containing all of the images and text you've replaced in the ad) and provide you with just the .swf image.

Try the latter two methods, and upload the .swf file for us to see here in the forum.

KD is correct, I design all of my software on a Mac.
    Your issue above is not Intel/Universal related ... I believe its server related.

- Marc