Display Problem on Linux Browser

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by bhk, Feb 28, 2006.

1. bhk

bhk

I have just purchased Flash Ad Creator and whilst a little disappointed with the lack of editing features, I pressed ahead to create a Flash Ad and posted it on the web.

I found that if I used Win XP - IE, Opera, Firefox - the ad displayed as I expected, showing all the text and images I had entered.

However, when I log in to a Linux system, and opened up the site with Firefox, I found that the web page displays and the Ad executes BUT ...

the text and images displayed are those of the template, not what I entered.

How is the template text retained in the .swf file and/or data.text file in the assets folder?

What is the problem?

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

whoa, a linux user, cool. bhk does Konqueror give the same results?? what gui are you using? Gnome or KDE? or you run minimal gui?

3. bhk

bhk

Using Ubuntu 5.1 with Gnome at the moment. Still trying to find the most suitable distro but Ubuntu looks good. Have installed KDE but not had time to access it and test thoroughly. Tried mozilla and firefox. Had to install flashplayer for each of these and Konqueror also required it. At this point I could not be bothered doing another install, but I would assume it would give the same problem. The weird thing is that the template text is still imbedded somewhere. I am assuming it is in the swf.

4. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

I like Ubuntu, I used it via Gnoppix LiveCD, let me look in to this.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi BHK.

Update the Flash Ad Creator to version 1.5:
    http://www.flashadcreator.com/updates

This fixes the Mozilla browser issue.
    It has to do with the Flash plug in more than it had to do with running the ad on a linux machine.

See if the upgrade helps!

- Marc

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

good point, my flash ad were created before 1.5

7. bhk

bhk

Sorry, Marc. It does not fix the problem.

1. I purchased TFAC on Feb28, 2006. This was v1.5. Mozilla problem remains.
    2. Downloaded your suggested upgrade and installed it. Again v1.5. Recreated the swf, posted it. Win browsers still work OK. Problem with Mozilla, Firefox, Epiphany on Linux (Gnome) remains. Also Konqueror using KDE shows problem.

Again, the swf executes but displays the template text.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Bhk...
    Can you point me to the Ad?

Shoot me a URL so I can check this out.

- Marc