Disappointments with upgrade to v5

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by lheidner, May 1, 2008.

1. lheidner

lheidner

So when I finally decided to upgrade to Logo Creator v5 I got a little disappointed. Wasn't that much new things that I saw immediately, and:

* Still, the textbox is too small, I sometimes use LC to put together quotes in a nice way, and of course there is a workaround in using a text-editor and then copy paste, but pls think about a larger textbox to next upgrade.

* Still, there is problem with letters that goes into each other, at least when there is longer texts, as a few lines, with most fonts. This is very annoying, but sometimes it disappears after restarting the program, sometimes not. As I expected a better version, the irritation I had with v.4 only got worse as it wasn't gone. Any suggestion to make that go away?

* Suddenly the ability to right click and change/center/add/duplicate things was gone. So very inconvenient when that was so handy, it disappears in a later version. Why?

This is what I stumbled into right after upgraded, and I'm sorry if it sounds negative, but I was disappointed as I was expecting som improvement, and I am sure that there is as well, which I will discover later. But right now those are my questions and complaints.

With hope for a better v 5.2 :)

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi lheidner.

Thanks for your post here... and for the feedback.
    I'm going to see if I can respond to it all:

* Still, the textbox is too small, I sometimes use LC to put together quotes in a nice way, and of course there is a workaround in using a text-editor and then copy paste, but pls think about a larger textbox to next upgrade.

Keep in mind, The Logo Creator was originally intended to be just that ... a logo creator. Not a text editor. Most logos only contain one or two words.
    However, since TLC has become more than a logo creator, this is a valid wish list item.

* Still, there is problem with letters that goes into each other, at least when there is longer texts, as a few lines, with most fonts. This is very annoying, but sometimes it disappears after restarting the program, sometimes not. As I expected a better version, the irritation I had with v.4 only got worse as it wasn't gone. Any suggestion to make that go away?

This actually depends on the fonts you use.
    We've worked a bit on this issue and are hopeful of getting this corrected in a future release.

* Suddenly the ability to right click and change/center/add/duplicate things was gone. So very inconvenient when that was so handy, it disappears in a later version. Why?

This has been a major complaint :p
    We will put this back into the next release. I removed it because it wasn't working as intended. Apparently, this was a nice feature for a lot of users.

This is what I stumbled into right after upgraded, and I'm sorry if it sounds negative, but I was disappointed as I was expecting som improvement, and I am sure that there is as well, which I will discover later. But right now those are my questions and complaints.

Well, in my defense, I've added many more logos to the upgrade. All of the sets used to have only 25 logos. With the upgrade to v5, all logo editions now contain 50 logos (with the exception of the Corporate Edition that now contains 80 logos). So, if you previously had The Leisure Edition and the Hollywood Edition, you only had 50 logos between them. Updating to v5 threw in an addition 50 logos giving you a total of 100! That was the real upgrade.

But I do appreciate your comments here lheidner.
    We're going through some major updates to The Business Card Creator and The Web Graphics Creator right now. ... The Logo Creator update is next in line. :D

Marc

3. lheidner

lheidner

And yes, I have found some good improvements too.

The ability to save as own templates is just that great, and also to save work elsewhere then in the LC mapp, excepts for the templates then. And of course, there is more logos.
    But I also I have to restart the program more, but that is maybe as you said the LC wasn't made as a texteditor, but it can be a damn good at times when it works for shorter nicely looked text. Is not that often I use it that way, but I expect some goodies in next upgrade then.

: O-Yeah: