Directory Paths Default

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Martyn, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Martyn

Martyn

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can configure The Logo Creator to remember directory paths?

Each time I import, save, save template etc., instead of remembering where I was last, it defaults to the same place which is a number of directories above where I need to get to.

I spend time drilling down to the source folder only to find I've got to do it all over again the next time I save, import, save as etc..

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Martyn.
    Thanks for the post.

.... yes, I know this is a pain.
    We're working on fixing this. Are you a Windows or Mac user?

3. Martyn

Martyn

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I use Windows, thank you,

Martyn

4. MrMacvos

MrMacvos

Ha! Just the post I was looking for! I am a Mac user and it's really VERY annoying. Each time I choose 'Open' it creates a folder on the desktop. Which I remove afterwards. I have my logo's stored all over the place, each bound to its product- or website-folder. So not a central place for logo's.

Also, TLC does not read Mac OS 'alias'-files. I created some aliases to folders that contain logos, inside ~/Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/ but that did not work! TLC did not read them.

Also, double-clicking a .tlc file does not open. TLC starts allright, but it says I have to choose the logo via the 'Open' menu.

Another thing is that when I finally opened a logo, and changed it, the 'Save template' option is still grayed out. But I found out that when I choose 'Close template', I get a 'Save'-pop up with which I can save the logo. So there's a small inconsistency there.