Direct Player Error...

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by cbrawner, Dec 2, 2004.

1. cbrawner

cbrawner

I've seen a few threads relating to errors and the Direct Player, but none of them relate to this message:

Direct Player Error
    Cast Member not found
    Script Error. Continue?

Anyone know what this is? I updated (online) to 3.6.1 and had errors so I reinstalled the whole shebang. That error went away, but now when I try to export to a GIF I get the above message. I started from scratch and reinstalled TLC and Macromedia's Flash and Shockwave. Still getting the message.

Thanks

(dancing helps ease the frustration) :banana

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi there CB.
    Thanks for the question.

I think (and honestly, I'm not sure) that when you 'downgraded' to v3.6, some of the v3.6 and v3.6.1 components were combined. The installer apperantly, didn't replace the 'newer' components correctly.

What were the errors you were having originally?

Here's what I suggest.
    Move, or rename the folder "The Logo Creator v3". You can name it "OLD_MESSED_UP_TLC" if you want. Doesn't really matter.

Then, reinstall from you original .exe set up if you still have it.

Run it all, see if it works (and report the errors to me if you get them).

THEN, download the v3.6.1 upgrader:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/upgrade.html

This should do it for you.
    ... let me know otherwise!

- Marc

(from v

3. zunikatm

zunikatm

same problem

i have the same problem :17: . i use to have the basic logo creator 3.0 and i was able to duplicate a logo and the size i already had fixed to my need. but now that i have logo creator 3.6.1 it wont let me duplicate an object . what apears is direct player error or script error then it wont let me save. lately it has just been a waste of my time , its sad how as it evolves it gets more bugs. my computer is window xp home edition. i have the compleat logo creator edition with everything i even downloaded the updator to see if it would help fix the problem and nothing plz help : o_please someone i wish to enjoy the program again. thx :(

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Zuni.
    Wow. I'm really sorry for all of your troubles!
    It's not due to any bugs in the new version, it all has to do with the new version's modules mixing in with the older modules.

This only happens to a few users. The modules should have been replaced, but for some reason, those of you using a very old 'v3.0' and updating to v3.6.1 are having the problem.

It's all in the "Xtras" folder that resides in "The Logo Creator v3 folder" (check your Program Folder if you're on Windows, the Applications folder if you're a Mac user)
    This entire folder needs to be replaced with a new 'Xtras' folder.

Try this:
    Rename this Xtras folder to something like "old_Xtras".
    Then, reInstall the v3.6.1 upgrade: http://www.thelogocreator.com/upgrade.html

This should give you a fresh 'Xtras' folder with all of the current components.

Write back here in the forum if this solves your trouble!
    (or even if it doesn't!)

hope to hear from you Zuni!

- Marc