Did You Crash To-day?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Just Bill, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Just Bill

Just Bill

If you use a PC you will know where I'm coming from. I'm not talking so much about a crash as I am about a freeze up. Windows is prone to freeze now and then. It happens to me at least twice a week. I install/remove a lot of software and like life, Windows happens. :image25: Time for a little anti-freeze.

This software has saved my bacon many times. The price is right. If you run Windows you should download it now.

Mac users, save the smug comments.

http://www.resplendence.com/antifreeze

2. OldenGray

OldenGray

JB
    In a few days, Windows 7 will be available in beta. Sometime this year, I imagine the final stable release will come out. I never loaded Vista because of all the problems and it's so memory-hungry. My son is an IT professional in Atlanta and he told me not to load Vista or I would be sorry. I use XP professional based on his recommendations and have never had a crash. Guess I'm just lucky.

3. Just Bill

Just Bill

OG:
    I've used every Windows OS since and including 3.1. with 9600 baud modem. When I purchased Win 95 it was on 27 floppy disks.

I've been using XP Pro for 3 years and I love it. Best Windows OS yet. But like everything else if it gets overworked and too many bits and pieces are left lying around on your HD it will slow down and freeze occasionally. I have special defrag and registry cleaner apps but sometimes I just don't remember to clean up.

As for Vista, I bought a laptop about a year ago with Vista pre-installed. I attempted to use it for a week and finally gave up. It's been sitting in a corner gathering dust for almost a year.(Too difficult to wipe HD) Sometime this year I'll remove the HD and install a new one. With XP Pro of course.

4. OldenGray

OldenGray

Same here. Interesting and true story: a company I was with back in the stone age bought a new IBM computer with the DOS operating system and a manual that was a thick as the NYC phone book. Nobody could figure out how to work the daggone thing and they turned it over to the art department. Now, how in hell did they ever figure out that anyone even remotely related to the art department had the intelligence to make it work? Not even finance and engineering wanted anything to do with this devil's instrument. I wangled a 300 baud modem (Texas Instruments) and got the computer working (green screen and all) enough to send out type to a typesetter. Big, big deal at the time. Figured out enought DOS commands to get it to do what I wanted done. Tripled production and made money, money, money. Everybody in the building was AMAZED! I became the stuff of legend. Also that was the beginning of a long love affair with computers that has lasted well into the 21st century. Remember those things: big floppy discs that looked like 45rpm records, huge monitor with keyboard build in? Jeez, the new ones make those things look like dinosaurs.

5. Just Bill

Just Bill

Found this among Microsoft clips.
    Exactly how I felt about Vista on my laptop.:image12-2:

Attached Files:

6. Wicked

Wicked

I am sure Microsofts next and newest OS will give us all something to talk about with its rather large name. Superior Laser Unidem Goliath or for short simply S.L.U.G...

Ok your right, I just made all that up..