Detailing company logo update

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by stripe3009, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stripe3009

stripe3009

Here are my trys at updating my logo. To give everyone some information - I detail cars, boats, RVs and motorcyles. You check out my website to get my information. Please help in giving me some help on my logo update and thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. stripe3009

stripe3009

3. jamirae

jamirae

nice work!

I like the first one better.. I think it would fit into your website design better than the other one. Only becuase the second one has more round, curves to it and your website has more lines and angles rather than curves. (does that make sense?)

that being said, on the first one, I'd change the font underneath for "Professional Detailing" it deosnt seem to go with the above. Or, you could keep the same font but maybe move the text up closer to the top graphic/text, change it to a solid color (like the darkest of the oranges you have there, or black if you are going to put it on a white background) and then stretch it to be the same width as the graphic/text on top "Details 3".

you've got a great start there!

4. KD-did

KD-did

I agree with jamirae. You might try going for silver or chrome look for the text.

5. stripe3009

stripe3009

Thanks for the input. I have one question - which color on metalic is chrome? I changed the font to match the above - sandavol. I will save two options on the logo - one with orange and one with chrome so I can post for comments.

6. stripe3009

stripe3009

Another quick question on importing graphics. I am putting together a graphic with full color that will have a car, boat, rv, and big rig in a circle so I can have put on my black trailer which is 6'5" high by 16' long. I am trying to find some photos of the previous mentioned without any background. Any thoughts on this?

7. KD-did

KD-did

I suggest looking to www.hemera.com for "photo images" ...

You can get a chrome look by either working with gradient color or a large enough image to use the "insert an image into text" under color.

8. stripe3009

stripe3009

Thanks and last night I found a software package from hemera with 350,000 images for $20 on the discount table at Bestbuy. The only problem I am having is removing the background on some images. I have about 100 photos with cars, boats, RVs and Big rigs, but do not know how to create a photo-object with just the image of the car or etc. I have photoshop 7, but am not an experienced user of that software. Any suggestions?

Thanks again
    Rick

9. stripe3009

stripe3009

Updated Logo

Here is my updated logo with some changes mentioned, but could not get the chrome look like yours Katie. This logo is going on a black 8'X16 enclosed cargo trailer. I am still trying to get the chrome look.

thanks

rick

Attached Files:

10. KD-did

KD-did

11. stripe3009

stripe3009

Well, I may have to redesign my logo a little bit. I remembered that all my polo shirts are either white or yellow and since my logo has a little of yellow I may have a problem.

Katie, I checked out the website you had mentioned and there are only two ways to download - size: 1mb or 15mb, filetype: png or jpg. So which way do I download?

Thanks

Rick

12. jamirae

jamirae

Hi Rick,

I like the redesign. looks good with the bottom line the same width as the top. Although I think it may do better with a more plain font that is complimentary to main font, rather than the same font. That font is more artsy (for lack of a better word) and can be tough to read, so you might want to try a few others (if you havent already :) ).

If you want a transparent background, your best bet is to go with the PNG files. However, with the Hemera product, if it is a solid background you should be able to export it with a transparent background as a GIF or PNG file. If not, you can turn that solid background into a transparent one with Photoshop. Check the help file on that it should have info on how to do it.

13. stripe3009

stripe3009

logo and pics on trailer

Here is a picture of what I am looking at doing to the trailer. So what does everyone think?

Attached Files:

14. jamirae

jamirae

oh wow! very cool! the logo looks great on the trailer!!! Nice work!!

15. KD-did

KD-did

I have to agree with Jami and I would love to see an actual picture of it when it is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.