1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Desperately Frustrated.

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by dimeco, Aug 10, 2005.

1. dimeco

dimeco

Okay you ecover gurus ;)

Help. I'm SOOOOO frustrated, and I don't have the time to waste on this any longer. (I realize Marc is overwhelmed - so am I)

Flat out:

I figured out (by trial and error and 15 minutes of wasted time...) to finally put a cover AND a left side together....

And then I was irritated that the writing looked all screwy, did the alias/antialias button, but it just got worse and worse with NO "undo"...

And BAM ! The stupid thing DISAPPEARED when I attempted to figure out how to actually save it!

I can't do this.

So - can anyone give me a quick solution or I may have to throw in the towel and refund it - which I never do btw - but I can't afford to be wasting time on something that isn't working for me, if I have to choose another program.

The logo creator works PERFECTLY and I wouldn't give that up if I was paid to :D

Amber

2. dimeco

dimeco

Well I'm more than a little disappointed at the lack of response to my quest for help... unless everyone is in the same boat?

Decided I'm not refunding the software, I DO like the possibilities, however for the moment... or until someone chooses to help and answer my few questions...( :help2a: ) I have to create a portion of it in eCover creator, then revert to an older program I still had - eCover Generator which at least lets me do a basic output of a software box.

No word on the ad creator yet? <hint hint hint> :goodluck

btw - it may be simple for some of you .. and I'm usually very quick at learning software... (No, I'm really NOT an idiot ;)... but I know eCover creator has so much more potential, and obviously I'm missing "something".

Amber

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello DimeCo.

I'm really sorry to hear you're so frustrated with this.

I've tried to make the eCover Creator as easy as possible to use.
    However - there is no instruction manual yet which is making it very hard on others.

I'm unclear as to your problem with this disapearing incedent:
    "Bam - the whole thing disapeared" ... what disapeard? The eCover?

If you already have artwork, you should easily be able to "map" it to your 3D model by using the "New Front", "New Back", "New Side" (etc...) buttons.

Just curious - you mention you used eCover Generator for the 'basic' output of the box.

To export an image with Laughingbird's eCover Creator - click on the little camera at the bottom of the "PhotoRealistic" screen. This will take a snapshot of the image on the canvas.

Here's a trick (Yes, I will be posting this!): Hold the SHIFT key down when you click on the camera. This will take a higer rez screenshot.

Here's another trick: When you export - type in any file extension.
    Type in "MyImage.Jpg" to create a jpeg image. Type in "MyImage.PNG" to export the image as a transparent PNG file! Type in ".bmp", ".gif" or ".tiff"!

Amber - can you send me a picture of the "Scrunchy" text you're talking about?!

Hang in there a little longer. We're getting some tutorials and the manual done.

I'm trying to finish up the Flash Ad Creator.
    What do I do first?! I don't know. :helpnow:

Hope to hear from you shortly Amber!

- Marc

4. dimeco

dimeco

Hi Marc - yep, it was the "mapping" it into the Photorealistic model - that worked fine, I viewed it and got it in the right direction that I wanted, played with the shadows etc., which btw are kinda cool ;)

But then I minimized and flipped to another area (back to the main menu if I'm correct), and when I flipped back, it was totally gone. Was beginning to think I was losing my mind... :panic:

"Just curious - you mention you used eCover Generator for the 'basic' output of the box.

To export an image with Laughingbird's eCover Creator - click on the little camera at the bottom of the "PhotoRealistic" screen. This will take a snapshot of the image on the canvas."

AH... is this how we save it? (feeling like a dunce today LOL)

With the font looking all screwy - I had taken the cover graphic that I'd created into a jpg, (done all the text that way), exported it into 3D to the front, and it looked choppy. I did the anti alias on/off, but it seemed to go over itself repeatedly rather than "Undo" the first one (and I couldn't find an undo button... unless of course I missed that too).

Don't know if I can show you how it looked... lol - that's what I lost

"I'm trying to finish up the Flash Ad Creator.
    What do I do first?! I don't know. "

hehe - finish the ad creator? I've got a workaround for now - don't worry about me, I'm using the ecover creator to create ads for my clients, and btw - they look pretty cool even with using the two programs to get it right. I can handle hanging on for a tutorial.... would love to get my hands on the adcreator hehehehe :bighug:

Amber

5. Mr Laughingbird

Awesome Amber!

Try this to create your Ad:

Create a 3D box (in the PhotoRealistic portion of the software).
    Click the small 'Camera' icon. When the dialog box appears, type in "MyImageName.PNG" (any name with a PNG extension).

This will save the PNG to your desktop.

Launch the "Logo Creator" portion of the software (the Art Center).
    Find a template, or create one. Then, import (using the FILE menu) the PNG image that was saved to your desktop!

You can create text for the ad and lay in the box cleanly with no background!
    See attached! (it's a "page header" but can easily be an Ad with some creativity...)

- Marc

Attached Files:

6. dimeco

dimeco

That works :) Thanks!

Amber

7. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi Marc,

I should have a tutorial using my templates finished this weekend to try and help out every one that is having a hard time with The eCover Creator, I know that my templates will work fine.

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

:WOW1:

8. Mr Laughingbird

Thanks HB!
    You've really gone to task with this program.

... I hope you're having fun with it!
    Care to post anything you've created? I'd love to see it.

No stress on the tutorial.
    I'm happy to get whatever, and whenever you can get one created.

... and anybody else reading this post too!
    I'll put a link back to you and your site if you would like to create a tutorial for the eCover Creator.

- Marc