Design Veteran (17 yrs) Saying Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Biker Scout, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Biker Scout

Biker Scout

I never realized there was a "Forum" for TLC. I've been a customer since TLC 3, but honestly don't use the program all that much for anything other than "Design Inspiration".

I think maybe I've exported 10 logos from TLC in the past.

I just upgraded to V5.1 today, and have to say it's much easier to use than even V.4.

I'm kind of a "Vector Hound" and as of lately I've been accepting of more raster files for output. Especially if we're sending them to 4-Over. I still have a hard time with not recreating a bad .jpg for clients. It's always been much less of a hassle for me to just re-do a logo, then to send it on to film looking like ****.

Anyway, now that we are doing more and more wide format printing, I'm finding myself using TLC more often, because of the color flexibility with 6 or 12 colors. TLC Logos look really nice when printed with a wide color gamut color device.

I love the .png support, and coupling that with Genuine Fractals you can get really large prints without pixellation.

So, I'm just stopping in to say "Hey!"

I'll probably just pop in from time to time to see other people's design work. But if you need graphic design help or advice I offer it freely. I've been doing this for awhile and know lots of tips and tricks with InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop.

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Welcome to the Laughingbird World Biker Scout. Anytime you're in the neighborhood, we'd love to hear from you. Have fun!!

3. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

.......Hello, and welcome!! Don't be affraid to share those 'tips and tricks'!!

Bill