deleting unwanted stuff from a logo

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by aztec1, Aug 9, 2004.

1. aztec1

aztec1

hi there i wold like to know how can i deleted unwanted stuff from a premade logo from one of the packages, of course without altering the original logo.
    like the example below, i would like just to replace the big letters with my initials, but i want to get rid of .... incorporated and we do logos right.

thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Hi aztec,
    If you have an original saved TLC file (i.e, mylogo.tlc) then you can change the "LGO" to your initials and anything else you wish. But if all you have is a saved .jpg or .gif file then you won't be able to change anything as those file types "lock" the graphics.

Hope that helps.
    -Dave

3. KD-did

KD-did

To delete an element you don't want on a TLC template or on a saved TLC file...you will "modify" it.You can choose to usually hide the logo element or delete the logo element.

4. aztec1

aztec1

thank you very much for your fast reply (dumpcable and borpean).
    yes dumpcable that is exactly what iam trying to do, iam trying to modify a TLC template, hiding or deleting the element wont affect the original template correct?
    and what would be more effective hiding it or deleting it.
    TIA

5. KD-did

KD-did

The original template with all of its elements will stay in tact :)you just won't see them...only the changes and what you leave will make up your TLC file. You will see that it ask you to name your file and that is how you will look for your TLC logo in the future.

6. aztec1

aztec1

Great!! thank you very much greatly appreciated.
    aztec