Delete the reflection

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by dkgodfrey, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dkgodfrey

dkgodfrey

How do I delete the reflection of the text in one of the logos?

2. KD-did

KD-did

The quickest way would be to click on the text and under "modify" do a delete element or choose a different text effect.

3. dkgodfrey

dkgodfrey

That would delete the entire text element, correct? Is there no way to delete just the reflection? I really don't want to spend the time to recreate the text...maybe it wouldn't take long though...just make a note of the font, size, etc.??

4. KD-did

KD-did

Actually the text doesn't delete what you have written stays...just choose the same font and you should be ready to go without the mirror effect.

5. dkgodfrey

dkgodfrey

Okay...I'm missing something. On my screen, I see the Logo Template box and the "Element Setter" box along with the box with the menu items.

In the Element Setter box, I see my text. I also see my logo in the template box. If I click Modify and select delete element, the entire textual element is deleted, text and its mirror. If I select a different text formatting, it just applies it to the current logo text still with the mirror.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Technically you should be able to "Ungroup" the text from the mirror under modify and be able to rid of the reflection but I can't get it to work on my Mac...

7. dkgodfrey

dkgodfrey

That did it! I had to click "Unlock All" and then I was able to ungroup and delete the mirror.

Thank you for the help!!

Keith