default drive installation

Discussion in 'Updating' started by nmharleyrider, Jul 19, 2014.

1. nmharleyrider

nmharleyrider

I just tried to up date to version 6.8 but it would only install it on my C drive. Since I install all my software on a drive other than C since my c drive is a solid state drive containing my OS I am unable to install this new version. Anyone had any luck installing this on a drive other than C: Previous version installs had an option to change the install drive.

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

On a PC or MAC ?

I just tried my Win v6.8 update and I'm able to select a drive.

3. nmharleyrider

nmharleyrider

On a PC Windows 8. I tried it twice and could not change the drive.

4. nmharleyrider

nmharleyrider

I just tried it twice more this morning and still could not change the drive. Could it be because when I unzip the file the name has the word trial on it when all I want to do is to update my registered version 6.6? It does say go back to change any options but when I do go back there are no options to change; it's just the first page of the install program.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If it says 'trial' on it, then I do not believe you have the correct version. I don't think that is causing your problem with the drive letters. Make sure when you are installing that you 'right click' the install file and select 'Run as Administrator'. This helps in a lot of problems. I don't use Win8 so it may or may not help.

What I would do is go back to where you got your upgrade and download it again.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/threads/support-hotline.10408/

If this does not work for you, then I'd email Marc.

One of the Admins here may have other suggestions so please stay tuned. I know a couple of them work with Win8 and may be able to help you.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The only difference between the trial and the full version? The trial version only comes with 14 pre made templates.

1. Start version 6.6. (You have to have version 6.6 installed and working for the upgrade to 6.8 to work)
    2. Select FREE UPGRADE to version 6.8 (you will have to give up your name and email address)
    3. you are then taken to a link for the download-- it's less than 40mb.
    4. download the upgrade and install it. Dont worry- it will install to your c: drive.

5. after the install: Manually copy the program directory from your c drive AND PASTE IT WHEREVER YOU WANT. taDA! Just delete the stuff off your c drive.

This suggestion is based upon the assumption you have no issues accessing your logo templates and add on elements...

I just moved my program directory from my c drive to another hard drive (Which duplicates my suggestion)--- and the program works fine.

What's key here is that you must have 6.6 installed, and working for the upgrade to 6.8 to work.

MINE.JPG

gunsmoke likes this.