1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Customize spinning box button's text

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by shy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. shy

shy

Hi,

Tried to find an answer here, but could not :

how can I customise the text of the buttons in the spinning box e-cover creator module ?

I am NOT adressing an english speaking audience, therefore "show front" and "show back" are not acceptable choices.

Obviously this was not thought of when coding the software, so any solution (including tedious hack) is welcome !

PS : I'm using a mac version, but since this is a director software I guess any hack can be applied to both windows and mac.

Thanks in advance

2. KD-did

KD-did

Supposedly there is to be an update of 'Director' due out in the last part of January which should be a big help in getting Laughingbird Software much more foreign language friendly.

3. shy

shy

I was not speaking of the software localisation, but of customising te output of the buttons'text.

I guess this is doable after publish by tweaking the .swf, or before publishing by tweaking the internal resources (but I feard they are embedded in the program file)

Yeah I know director 08 should come up soon (almost as late as was vista...)

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Shy!
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I see your point, and it's a great idea.
    I will include an option to change the button text in the next release of The Web Graphics Creator.

Unfortunately for now, there is no way to change the text of the buttons. I'm working on some new features and this one will go to the top of the list.

Marc