Custom Graphic

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by GCFL, Jun 27, 2009.

1. GCFL

GCFL

Hi all. I just made drew this graphic (not in Laughingbird) but will now play with it in the logo creator area. If anyone needs a cartoon fish...let me know I will be happy to give a copy of the vector file or png to anyone that would like to use it.

Attached Files:

2. 3DS

3DS

3. GCFL

GCFL

I made a couple small improvements. Again, feel free to use if you like

Attached Files:

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Very cool GC!

... are you a cartoonist?
    Do a lot of cartooning work? - or mostly illustration?

5. GCFL

GCFL

Honestly? Neither...this was my first attempt at vector art of any kind. I need a lot of practice but I have decided that if I am to really make custom logo's etc...I better learn! :)

6. Wicked

Wicked

Im interested to see more of your work GCFL. Do you have a portfolio or anything you would care to share with me?

Thanks..

7. GCFL

GCFL

Hi Wicked,

The fish is my first original art in my potfolio. I have pencil drawings, etc, but nothing posted electronically. I will be working on more this weekend (I travel weekly so I can only design on weekends). I would be happy to share more with you as I build my portfolio though.

8. Wicked

Wicked

I understand and thanks. I would surely be interested in seeing the future work and very nice job on the fish especially for a first try at vector. I have not even tried my first vector try either.

9. GCFL

GCFL

OK, here is the final fish graphic and I am moving on to a new one. Hope you like the final version

Attached Files:

10. Wicked

Wicked

Very nice stuff. Whats the program your using? I clearly do not have it.. If you say photoshop then you are way more awesome than I am (which wouldnt be hard I suppose)lol. I am guessing illustrator?

11. GCFL

GCFL

I am testing out a new program (for me anyway) called Xara Extreme 5. Doc mentioned it in my designers users group when I asked what software apps people were using. I have used Illustrator but don"t really like it. Too many steps to do simple things. Xara is great and for the fraction of the price.

BTW...I should note that it imports great into LB software for simple design mock ups and/or completed designs (logos, etc). Bringing this back to laughingbird, that is the great strength of Marc's software. While you can"t design detailed graphics, it is wonderful for easily compiling multiple images into a common workspace where you can then either plan or complete your design. I know you know this but just in case anyone else just visiting may want to know. ;)

12. Wicked

Wicked

Xara Xtreme has been out for quite a while. Not sure about 5 but I too one day want to buy it and learn its capabilities.

13. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Xtreme 5 is a new release with a strong bias toward web site creation. Using it in conjunction with Laughingbird software as GCFL mentions makes for a good combination. As well as drawing in Xara and importing in to Logo Creator sometimes it happens the other way round - I often make rollover buttons in Web Graphics Creator and import the result into Xara.

14. captainsauce

captainsauce

That would be cool. Thanks for the offer.
    Captainsauce

15. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

GC this was your first attempt at illustration/cartooning??
    You did an awesome job!

16. GCFL

GCFL

Yeah, I had great fun with it. I am going to work on a lady bug next. I have a two year old who loves them. I'll post when done. Thanks for the kind words! BTW, what part of Ohio are you from? I live in Mobile Alabama but I am from a small place called Stow ohio.