curved text

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hey all, I made this logo and I am trying to put curved text in the top. You'll see the problem I'm having. The "Temagami" and "Ontario" don't quite follow the proper curve. I would have liked to use another font (arial - or Veranda - something more readable). Could someone get those letters to look good?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Logo Creator has an option to fit text to a circular path but here you are using an elipse which is something logo creator is not designed to handle. There are work arounds of course - you could have each letter as a separate object and line them up by eye rotating letters as required, this though would be very long winded.
    A better solution would be to create your logo in TLC without the text, save it and import it into an art package which supports a 'fit text to path' option and complete the design.

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

Actually that's what I was trying to do but I don't know how to do it in those other software apps. I did get a copy of photoshop CS3 but I don't know it that well...

I just need someone to help me clean this up a bit.

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

You would probably be better off using a vector graphics program to add your curved text. There is a freeware program the Gimp which will probably do this (can anyone confirm?) or you could use a commercial program like Xara Xtreme or Corel.

5. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

you can use real draw that will allow you to individually place the letters in the position that you want them in

if you want send me the art work and i will do it for you

6. Skitzo

Skitzo

Thanks Lamo1 - the graphic is what I have on the first message. Just click on it and the full sized version should come up.

7. Skitzo

Skitzo

Geez how do I attach a file and send it to you?

I'm up north for the summer on an old P-III and a dial up speed of about 9600 baud. Slightly faster than a fax machine. It took me 20 minutes to get to this page.

Anyhow I'll put the graphic "sans lettering" on this msg. If anyone (Lamo1) can put the letters in for me that would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking they could be in Arial or Verenda - something easily readable. Do you think that would look good on a hat?

Also, I guess it's impossible to turn that graphic into a vector eh? I'd like to make it bigger. When I made it I just drew a bunch of elipses, then I gave it to a frien of mine and he took the banner from clipart (gif) and the cabin was from a disk of generic graphics (also a gif). So, I just combined them all and saved it as a png. Hey.... I couldn't find any sort of elipse tool or graphic on the logo creator... Did I miss it?

I have also attached a picture of my dad's boat. I was trying to make a logo with this in the centre - anyone have any ideas for it? If anyone knows Stanley boats - that's the one in the catalogue and on the website. That's our actual boat; I took the picture of it and sent it to Stanley.

Attached Files:

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Skitzo - you seem to do a lot of work for logos. It may be time to learn some of these things on your own. Although, some good people here help you each time, wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn these around faster on your own time.

9. Skitzo

Skitzo

Well Digger that's why I'm in the "help wanted with my design" section of the forum. If I knew how to do it - then I would do it.

The text issue is due to the fact that the logo creator just doesn't seem to have the versatility needed. Furthermore, many people use different programs to achieve the desired results...now, we all don't have the same prg's so I need to brainstorm.

However, as I stated in an earlier post in this thread I have photoshop CS3 and I would be happy to use it - I just don't know how. If you would be so kind to tell me how to achieve this with CS3 then I would be happy to accommodate.

I'm presently up north on an island with slow dial up so I can't download any programs

10. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

SKITZO

i have tried numerous times to get the logo right ,but due to the size of the one you sent me i was impossible , so i made this one as close as i could for you

if you don't like just bin it !!!!

[​IMG]

11. Skitzo

Skitzo

Wow thanks - all I wanted was someone to help me with text and you redid the whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.