Creator7 change location of template files

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Lee Tucker, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Lee Tucker

Lee Tucker

Hi,

I want to change the location of my template files so that I can store them on my OneDrive file to be backed up regularly. Is there a setting somewhere that can enable me to do this?

2. snginc

snginc

If you're asking if you can change the default setting for your my templates files as far as I know, the answer is no. All files are automatically saved in the laughingbird documents folder in the my templates folder which is in the logo libraries folder. As far as backing up your files, we recommend to simply copy the entire laughingbird documents folder to an external hard drive or cloud drive.

The ability to designate where your files are automatically saved to was removed in version 7 after many customer requests.

Jerome

KD-did likes this.
  3. Lee Tucker

Lee Tucker

I'd like to start the campaign that says reinstate that feature. It seems a bit backward thinking to remove features. If you don't want to change the default location then leave it alone. But if you do need to, the facility is available.

4. Joe Rodriguez

Joe Rodriguez

I agree with Lee Tucker. I always prefer MORE control over less.

5. snginc

snginc

Actually this was a requested change because of the way it saved files. It (the way it saved) became a nuisance at times for some people.

Jerome

gunsmoke likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

snginc likes this.
  7. Lee Tucker

Lee Tucker

gunsmoke likes this.