Creator 7-Cannot save Templates

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Mama2Mammaw7, May 27, 2016.

1. Mama2Mammaw7

Mama2Mammaw7

After creating a new template I try to save it. I get the window to type the file name and click save--and it just freezes for a few seconds. I try to close the program and the save file window pops up again. I type the file name, it freezes again, I try to close again and get the window... well you get the drift. Ultimately have to use the Windows Task Manager to force it to close down. Strange thing is, sometimes the templates saved and sometime not.

It's installed on a Dell laptop, using Win 7 Home version. Does anyone have a solution for this? I love Creator, been using it for years and would really love to get it working correctly again.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Save only saves the template.Then you close the program.
    An editable file. If you are wanting the file tp show . email or put on a webpage Try "exporting" the file . Preferably as a transparent png. Report your results.

snginc likes this.
  3. KD-did

KD-did

Run as ADMIN with Window 7.

gunsmoke likes this.
  4. Mama2Mammaw7

Mama2Mammaw7

Thanks KD-did! Running as Admin worked. For those who might be confused, I was trying to save the template to my template folder (editable file), not export it as a png or jpg. Although when I do export previous template designs as jpgs, instead of jpgs they are exported as pngs. I noticed the file type selection is limited to "all files". But I just use SageThumbs to convert it, so I'm content.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm off to create some new designs with my favorite toy, now... lol

gunsmoke likes this.