Creating my own shapes and applying effects?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by doni49, Oct 23, 2008.

1. doni49

doni49

I really like the effects that I see on the orbs and swooshes. I'm starting to think about some of the additional shapes that I'd like to add to my collection.

But I'd like to know if there's some way to add some of these effects to my new shapes. For example some of the orbs have a "shiny" effect to them and seem to have an area that's really reflective.

TIA!

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

This is a good question, However with TLC it can be done, But at the same time you will need an external program to complete it...depending on the image ( "Element" ) and what types of reflections and other imaging effects you plan on using to obtain the look your after.

3. doni49

doni49

I guess maybe this would be a feature request then.

I was hoping that there was something similar to the embossing, blurring, glowing etc effects that you can apply--maybe called reflectivity or something. Possibly allowing me to spec where the light source is (that's creating the reflectivity/shine) because you can't have shine/reflection without light.

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

As for now those features only apply to the text and not to the image itself in TLC....Believe me these have been addressed for future releases when they come :) ( hint Hint Marc )
    Look here at all the requests to get an idea:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

But dont give up hope yet my friend, for as long as you are on here, You never know what tutorial might show up, Just keep your mouse ready and your eyes open :)