Creating My Own Logo Elements

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Ravenkeep, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

I have PhotoImpact. I want to create some of my own logo elements alphabets. What size would I create the image as, and how would I need to save it?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Creating your own Logo Objects

Hi Raven.

You can really create your images in any size you wish.
    Test some.

Save your images as "PNG files".
    Make sure you have no background (turn the bottom layer off) when you export from PhotoImpact. (I think you can do this).

Then, import the image into The Logo Creator using the FILE > IMPORT menu item.

You can also save the objects in a folder (name it whatever you wish. No spaces: "My_Objects" ... something like that) and move this folder into the "Logo Elements" folder. The next time you launch The Logo Creator, you can use these images!

- Marc

3. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Will I need to flatten the layers to do this, or is better to leave it unflatten?

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

No, you won't have to flatten.
    Try it both ways to see if there's any difference.

- Marc

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Raven after you create your design in PhotoImpact just export it as a transparent PNG. You wont have to do anything else to it. I use PI every once in awhile and have never had to flatten or anything. Just did a regular export with it.

6. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Perfect. That is good to know in advance. I just bought PI yesterday, so I'm still toiling with it trying to figure out where everything is, what it is, and how it works. In short I am in a daze.

Meanwhile, I just read a few of the TLC tutorials. Boy, was I using it all wrong!

7. tsims

tsims

Logo Elements

I have used PI for years, it's a really excellent web graphics program. You can spend hours toying with it. There are some great sites for tutorials if you Google. But I digress, I must say Laughing Bird Software is the one of many tools I use is and outstanding and well worth the money ( your welcome Marc:image28: )

Terry

8. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Yeah, it has a lot of wow factor! That combined with The Logo Creator and your smoken. I am working on some custom text for The Logo Creator, don't know if it will show up on the board, but I will give you a preview.

[​IMG]

9. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Perfect! It worked.

10. tsims

tsims

Looks good. Take a look at the shapes tool. You can add some interesting things to logos.

11. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

That text was from a preset. I can change the shading, and the bevel, but I can't change the color without removing the stars. Do you know of a way I can do this without causing that problem?

12. tsims

tsims

No, it's a texture, a bitmap of some sort. You might be able to edit it.

13. KD-did

KD-did

In some programs you would choose your color first and then use the desired preset/plugin for effects.

14. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Where would I edit it exactly?

KD-did,

I'm not sure but I think this preset selects the color for you. I will give your idea a try and see if it works.

15. tsims

tsims

The preset is a 256x256 jpg. You can open it in PI in the texture folder in the Ulead directory under program files. It is called stars.jpg To change the color you would have to change the background color of the jpg.

16. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Then it sounds like the best coarse of action would be to just recreate the jpg. itself, in a different color.

KD-did,

Tried your idea. It didn't work but I found a way around that. I just duplicated the text added the flat color, and then set it to overlay. However, the color just didn't have the impact that I thought it would. OH! I just realized that could have been due to the shading, if I adjust that it should solve the problem.