Creating and Exporting High Resolution files

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Toddly, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Toddly

Toddly

I am trying to export a high res file. I have the canvas set for 1500x400, because that is as wide as I can make it on my screen and still see the entire board. Is there a way to make the canvas pixels higher, but minimize it on the screen so you can see the entire canvas?

When I click "Export" there is no option to change the DPI. I need 300 DPI. How do you set this?

Currently my logo exports at such bad quality my printer will not print it on a bumper sticker. Please help.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Your best bet is by using an image editor that is online or on your computer. There is no way of changing the DPI with V6 at this time. So you could change both things with an image editor.

3. Toddly

Toddly

Thank you for the quick response!

So you are saying that I can design an awesome logo on this program, but can't export it in a printable format?

If I import a low quality image into an image editor program and increase the DPI, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a high res image? It makes it 300 DPI, but the quality is not really 300 DPI?

Here is a possible solution. Is there any way to make the canvas bigger, so the image quality will be better, but be able to see the entire canvas on my screen at the same time?

Thanks for the help!

4. Toddly

Toddly

KD-did,

If there is anyway you could answer me tonight it would be very helpful to me. Thanks.

5. KD-did

KD-did

I have never had an issue from using an image editor. What it is changed to is what I get. What OS are you using? Do you have a image editor program on your computer?

You could try changing your screen resolution...

6. KD-did

KD-did

Look at your printer and see if there is a mode for picture quality....

7. KD-did

KD-did

Try printing an exported file instead of printing from TLC itself.

8. dandoty

dandoty

What image editor do you use?

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

right mouse on the image file you are having problems with printing and tell me the file size... I know what size it should be, in Kb...

Attached is a file that is the size given, at the output resolution needed for comparison. On my monitor I can hold up a typical bumper sticker and it will almost be the exact size of the big blue rectangle.....

Attached Files:

• ppi.JPG
      ppi.JPG
      File size:
      175.9 KB
      Views:
  10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I use photoshop elements 11.0--- best money I ever spent on software (Which is only my opinion, and the use of said software is not endorsed by Laughingbird software, or Chuck Norris...)