Creating a catalog of Laughingbird Elements for MS Office

Discussion in 'Tips and tricks' started by gcuneo2, May 3, 2014.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This is one of of my easier "tricks"! It makes using the Logo Creator Elements very easy in MS office, plus, it provides a way to browse all of your elements.

In win 8.1 just type "clip organizer", chose the first icon that shows up. right mouse click, pin to taskbar. You do this step on the screen with your live tiles.

Open the clipart organizer, create a new library, I called mine "Laughingbird"

Manually add the files you wish. I just navigated to my LOGO ELEMENTS and selected all the files in the library.

ca2.JPG

Next: While in an MS office app, like Powerpoint, select INSERT CLIPART, you will see the clipart sidebar window open.

Next: type in the name of the main directory your created, I named mine LAUGHINGBIRD.

All the files you added will show up! The example below is from MS Office 2010 Powerpoint.

cliporg.JPG

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    Affinity likes this.
  2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This is how you open clip organizer in win 7.0:

You can use Microsoft Clip Organizer to collect and store clip art, photos, animations, videos, and other media to use in documents, presentations, spreadsheets and other files. Use the following instructions to start Clip Organizer.

Start Clip Organizer from Windows
    1. Click Start.
    2. Click Programs or All Programs.
    3. Select Microsoft Office, then Microsoft Office 2010 Tools (Office 2010), or Microsoft Office Tools (Office 2007).
    4. In the list, click Microsoft Clip Organizer.
    5. You can click Clips Online, or Search to get started building easy-to-manage collections of media files.
    Note In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, on the Start menu, you can type Microsoft Clip Organizer in the Start Search box.

Affinity likes this.
  3. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi I don't have Microsoft Office. I do have windows 8 is there still a way that I can create these steps?

thanks

Libby

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:flag:
    Um, not sure what you want to do here Libby. If you don't have MS Office then you don't need to do any of this. Your logo elements are on your hard disk. If you have another program you want to use them with you can simply browse to your documents folder and find all the elements. This example was simply showing how you can organize and use the elementsIF you have MS Office.

snginc likes this.
  5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah, pretty much. I did it primarily when I was experimenting with trying to build an automatically updated data base of all my clipart, and possibly printing it... way to difficult for this monkey!

6. ISRAEL GOLDSTIEN

ISRAEL GOLDSTIEN

Thank you gcuneo2,. the world is no longer round - is flat and the correct advice
    You can get anywhere
    Thank you again gcuneo2,

7. Affinity

Affinity

If you can't afford microsoft office you can download "Open Office" http://www.openoffice.org/ for free. Once you download it open your document folder and create a folder called whatever i.e. "Laughingbird Art." You can insert pictures directly from this file. I subscribe on YouTube to "the frugal computer guy" and he teaches you how to use Libre Office which is the same as Open Office. Visit me and find helpful how stuff works videos by clicking channels at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC557fXXtjn3ddWvZoVqgp1Q

P.S. I haven't bought the YouTube Channel Creator yet.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I did the MS office thing just to see how easily it could be done. I've always thought it would be cool to print up pages of all the images-- you could print stuff up, toss it in a binder, and browse at your leisure...

9. Affinity

Affinity

If you want a really cool freeware tool for image viewing I would recommend "FastStone Image Viewer 5.3" available ate http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I probably wont deal with creating an actual catalog of images: Right now I have 6,515 individual logo elements......

snginc likes this.