Creating a border around your logo

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by bluejade, Jun 23, 2003.

1. bluejade

bluejade Staff Member

i. set the canvas color to the border color you wish to see

ii. generate a new text element

iii. set its text to ss (that's two of the letter "s" ). if the canvas is square, then you will only need one s.

iv. set its color to whatever color or gradient you want to appear as the logo background within the border

v. set its font to "shapes" from the lower (embedded) fonts selection menu (read about the "shapes" font in the tutorial forum)

vi. set the justification to left (the left button under Justification in the Text Formatting panel)

vii. set the scale so that the top and bottom borders are the desired thickness

viii. with the canvas as the active window, use the arrow keys to nudge the text element left until the left border matches the top and bottom

ix. adjust the character spacing until the right border is the same size as the left. use the slider to make quick adjustments, and the text field left of the slider for more precise adjustments.

note: if you are working on with a horizontally elongated canvas, you may need more than two of the letter "s" to avoid spaces between the squares.

if you are working on with a tall, narrow canvas, then you can either rotate the text and use this method, or insert carriage returns between the letters and adjust the "line spacing" instead of the "character spacing"

2. Michael

Michael

Hi
    Thanks for the tip, here is my first try.

[​IMG]

3. bluejade

bluejade Staff Member

Hey, that's great!

Thanks for letting me know that you found the tutorial helpful.

Now I've followed suit and put a border around mine.

Best Regards,

dn

4. bobbells

bobbells

Borders

Hey Guys,
    While playing around trying to use shapes to create borders, I went to shapes and used one of the squares then set color for black and just dragged it to whichever side I needed it. Iam talking about the shapes in the element setter dropdown under bonus logos. This TLC is great.
    Bob Bells

5. richardwing

richardwing

Thanks for the tip. I added a border to my Avatar. :)

Richard Wing

6. jamirae

jamirae

very cool avatar, Richard! :)