Created a logo in TLC but really want to update the image

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by stagelamp, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stagelamp

stagelamp

I have attached 2 files, the first file with the black background is the logo that i created. The second file is to show the current color scheme in our building and the other directional signage that we have. In the picture of the current signage it does show a blue color in reality this was replace with the more burgundy color on the actual signs that we purchased.This is for our church bookstore. We sell Bibles, books, music, gifts, t-shirts and our Pastor's teaching materials. I would like to have the logo be similar in design to other church signage but different enough so that ours will stand out and not blend in. I also would like to use the logo on business cards, letterhead, website, and the receipt printer (150dpi, b&w). We would also like to eventually have it done on either a dress shirt or an apron for all of the staff to wear.
    Also we have decided to add the word bookstore to our name as well.

Thanks
    Jeff Kelly

Attached Files:

2. Wicked

Wicked

My first submission. I am not sure if I understood your color requirements. Hope I came close. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. stagelamp

stagelamp

the colors are pantone 1815 which is rgb 120,35,39
    pantone 464 is rgb 120,92,38

We also want to add the word bookstore.

Like the concept as when we were designing it the first time we used a lot of circles. This time we would like to transition to a more upscale elegant look.

Thanks

Jeff Kelly

4. Wicked

Wicked

Thanks for the feedback stagelamp. I'll check out those colors and try to stay away from circles on my next attempt. I am just trying to figure out upscale and elegant. My idea of it could be different. I have attached 2 logos that I found on the internet as examples of what I would think of an elegant logo. Let me know if any of these two examples are what your image of upscale and elegant are. This will help me figure out a good design for you. Keep in mind I did not design the example below. They are just borrowed examples.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Here is my first attempt

6. stagelamp

stagelamp

Wicked, really like the Shelley Williams style because to me it looks classy and elegant. The other one to me has traces of class but comes out looking more cartoonish.

KD-Did, not sure about the arrows - the colors seem right

Open question for all the 2 colors i showed you are the ones we currently use in our building...is there a possibility of creating something with one of them and then choosing a second color that complements it so that the main church signage has both colors and my signage picks up one color and adds another or would this look odd?

Thanks for ya'lls quick work!!

Jeff Kelly

7. Wicked

Wicked

Thanks for the feedback stagelamp.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Thank you very much for the candor of your feedback. I chose arrows to play up on the name "The Point" and sort of a yin-yang approach to the bookstore being a source of teaching God's word without an end.

9. KD-did

KD-did

Going in a different direction with this sample.

10. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Jeff, Here's two ideas. I'm still playing with the colors.

Wicked & KD, that's some nice work BTW.

Attached Files:

11. Wicked

Wicked

Here is a couple things to get ideas flowing.

Attached Files:

12. KD-did

KD-did

Thanks Allen. You sure have a knack for choosing just the right font...nice clean easy to read script .Color variations and greyscaled

13. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Katie. I love fonts. Hey, that's a unique book drawing - I like it the more I look at it. :)

14. stagelamp

stagelamp

awalck - really like that look
    wicked - i thing thats a better track, not sure of the font on the first one it looks faded out like it was done with a partially dryed out magic marker. ( Is that the way it is or is it something with my graphics viewing program)
    KD - really like your font choice but not sure of the "book" we carry Bibles, books, music, gifts, clothing etc.
    So I'm curious if ya;ll think the "book" image is to narrow or is it just me?

Thanks for all the awesome ideas so far.... can't wait to see who makes the bullseye!

Jeff Kelly

PS. For us new people how do know ya'lls first names. It is a little confusing to me to keep track of who want with real names and screen names...lol or maybe its just my age

15. KD-did

KD-did

Jeff, the key to all that have responded to your thread can be found http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

There are some very sound reasons to keep logos rather simple in concept among them are printing cost, signage cost, versatility for being applied to clothing . Considering the size of logo in actual use too much going on would be distracting and actually less memorable. Being memorable is the logo's main function .Being the brain is essentially reading a picture in a very limited amount of time simplicity is key.

16. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Jeff I thought I would take your company name in a different direction.

Attached Files:

17. stagelamp

stagelamp

Thats a new direction all right....

18. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Here is a quick idea I threw together.

Attached Files:

19. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Chris, great work and I LOVE that font bud.

20. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Thanks Allen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.