Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by nathan, Oct 15, 2005.
Is it possible with the Logo Creator to create an Orb from an existing picture?
Maybe, can you post the picture here? would have to try it first to see. I think it might work.
1- import your picture to TLC (file menu)
2- select mask in Leisure set and cover imported image. Adjust mask and picture until you have a look you like.
3- export using more export options; select transparent gif and select the mask as the transparent color
4- open a new logo (file menu) and import your transparent gif.
5- add some highlights to simulate the reflected light on a 3D object.
6- find a swoosh/object that matches the edge of your new orb; color and darken it to match and give shading to your orb.
7- either add shadow through the shadow menu, or by duplicating your orb, coloring the duplicate black, moving the duplicate to the back and adding blur to soften the edges.Here I used an image of a hot rod, and followed the above procedures to achieve the result below.
Very smooth Layne :flyboy:
Thanks ... fun to do too!
Here is one I did.all with TLC. You will need cartoon edition to do this. Here how I did it.
1. New Logo.
2. Insert new Text.
3. Choose the letter C as your text.
4. Format text and choose your font to be shapes. (This will make your C a cirlce)
5. Now click on color for your new shape. Choose insert an image into text. Choose your image you want in your circle.
6. After inserting your image use the slider bars at the bottom of the color menu to adjust the image around in the circle till it is where you want it.
7. No add a shadow to your image. Choose shadow and then choose these settings for your shadow.
Shadow blur radius: 4 ( leave the other setting at there max.)
8. Choose insert new image. (Modify> Insert New Image Element)
9. Choose cartoon edition and go over 6 pages and choose the white circle in the bottom right hand corner. Insert it.
10. Adjust the size to cover your circle you made. Make sure it is in front of the circle or you will not see it. That is it.
This is your result:
Nicely done! And nice instructions too!
Following your idea, I made this by inserting my hotrod image into the Font shape letter 'c' (Capital 'C' also makes a circle, but a much smaller one), and then covered it with an orb from Leisure edition, and simply dropped the opacity until I liked the look. Made no other additions or changes.
I would suggest, Nathan, that you simply experiment with various orbs or methods to see what works best for a given application that you are doing. Obviously, the answer to your original question of, "is it possible?" is a resounding "absolutely!" :D
That is great!
Man there are so many things you can do with TLC it is amazing.
ok I made a new glass orb. It already has the shine effect in it. Just make your letter c and then add you picture and then add this glass orb. Your done. I made this with it.
Here is a red orb I made with my glass orb above. There are so many orbs you can make with this. I used the letter c made my circle chose a color(red) then put my glass orb on top of it and done.
Poor Nathan had no idea what he was letting himself in for when he posted that innocent question! LOL
LOL yes you are so correct. It is my day of relaxing so I don't mind a bit.:banasplit :banasplit :bubble:
Silly Question MAC.
Is this pic in th orb a Ford Maverick??(Mercury Comet??)
Honestly I don't remember. I never wrote down what model it was. I went back and look at the orignal picture and it has a Mustang License plate on it.
Looks like a Mustang to me
yeah, those turn signals threw me off
Separate names with a comma.