1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Crashing/Intel, MAC

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by erock, Jul 22, 2007.

1. erock

erock

Hello,
    Anyone else have an intel-based mac and getting crashing issues with the Web Graphic Creator/ECOVER software?

Many Thanks,
    Eric

2. KD-did

KD-did

What application did you use to unzip the program with? Did you repair permissions after installation?

3. erock

erock

Install

Hi,
    I installed it in whatever format it came in. It mounts the disk image and then I install it, I do have the stuffit expander. I don't know what you mean by repair permissions, I just downloaded the software based on the links I got from the company.

Thanks,
    Eric

4. KD-did

KD-did

As in Unix-based systems, Mac OS X assigns specific access privileges, known as permissions, to each of your programs, folders, and documents, which are associated with a particular owner, a group, or groups. When an error in your permissions settings occurs, it may cause significant problems. For example, your applications may not launch or your system may respond sluggishly. These problems are more likely to occur after you update your operating system or install new software.

To improve your system's performance, follow these steps to use the permissions repair function in OS X's Disk Utility program:

1. To open Disk Utility, from your Applications folder, open your Utilities folder, then double-click the Disk Utility icon.

2. In the column on the left, click your startup disk's icon.

3. Click the First Aid tab, and then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

Or if you have a hard drive image in your "dock" you can launch the repair permissions there.

5. erock

erock

Thanks!

thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't be getting these errors because I store the folders in my user folder rather than my applications folder would I? I'm new to macs, but I love em'.

Many Thanks,
    Eric

6. KD-did

KD-did

It needs to be in the application folder to launch it correctly.