1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Cover & Book Sizes

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by JohnJTW, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JohnJTW

JohnJTW

Question. Is there a way to figure out how much space you 'really' have when designing in the Art Center?

I did a book cover and still have a lot of space at the top and bottom. I can stretch it using the 'scale texture to fit' but that just stretches the image.

How do you know how much information can be put on any design (book, CD, Box, etc)?

Didn't find any info in the tutorials or manual for these specifics.:image24:

Thanks.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi John.
    Can you point us to the eCover you've created?

I'd like to see so I can hopefully help a bit better.

Marc

3. JohnJTW

JohnJTW

The book is not posted yet; but I figured out how to make the copy fit a specific area. It is a lot of going back and forth until it fits the specific area (top, sides, front, back). I thought if there were dimensions for each it would be easier to set and fill in with type and images.

One other question I just had a problem with. To "Render" a box you have to fill in "choose images". But there are only 3 spaces to fill in. One for the Front, Top and Side. What happened to the back? When you spin the box it shows the same front on the back.

Thanks