Corrupted Lettering

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Bob Keith, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

Hi, I finally figured out how to start a new thread. Wheww, took me a while. :image05:
    Any way Here are my problems.

1) In my logo I'm using circle text. The smaller line gets corrupted with pieces of the lettering missing and the charecters are jumbled and won't line up as they do with larger text. I've tried several different text types and I get the same results. How can I fix this?

2) I wanted to put a curved line of text along the swoosh. When I opened the circle text as far as it would go the result was awful. Same ugly lettering as prob (1) only worse.

3) When I save the logo as trans.png everything is terrible and grainy until I enlagred it to the max. I tried to put it in an e-mail to my brother and it was horrible. What am I doing wrong?

4) When I save the logo as a jpeg, there seems to be a dark halo around all of the text. I didn't put it there and I think it's ugly. Suggestions on how to fix?

Which is better .jpg or .gif to get a high quality image?

*I'd like to upload a larger picture for y'all to see; but the file is too large for the forum.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Unfortunately all fonts are not created equal and there will be fonts that have built in flaws and limitations that aren't obvious until working with them in a graphic program. I suggest trying a different font that looks similar.

3. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

OK, well I've tried many, but they don't seem to work well. The smaller I make them the worse it gets. I want to have things in a proper scale and perspective. Clould you perhaps suggest a different route with my logo? I like the basic concept of the globe and swoosh. This is going to be "MY" company Logo and I want to get it right.

4. KD-did

KD-did

As a work around IF the font looks better larger in a circle then use the circle text larger and export it as a .Tpng and import it back into your logo and resize it to fit.

5. Bob Keith

Bob Keith

Great! I'll give that a try. Thanks!:image28:

6. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

workaround

K D that was one of the easiest and best I've seen...
    Good thinking.....