Conversion Question

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by icekube187, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icekube187

icekube187

Hello experts,

I am trying to convert a png file to something that will work with adobe illustrator or something I can edit the colors of the png file(logo). I need to change the colors of the logo then put logo on magnetic signs(on trucks) and Plastic banners, I believe the file needs to be vectorized to be able to change the sizes of it. If someone nows there stuff well please respond with some ideas.

Thank you in Advance for your response:helpnow:

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes your file will need to be vector for it to blow up to a larger size with out losing quality.

Just tracing the file is not all it takes. You will have to do some cleaning up of the file after you do a live trace on it.

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

It is easier to just have the designer of the logo or design send you an adobe illustrator file so you can edit it, but that is up to the designer. Most designers won't send a source file, but some will.

4. icekube187

icekube187

Thanks for the help

Thank u Mac27 for your reply:number:

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

If you show us the logo someone here might be able to help. :D

6. Skitzo

Skitzo

I downloaded some vector files - eps format. It opened in PaintShnop Pro - and I went to resize to 140% of the original. It got all choppy around the edges.... what am I missing? I thought you could resize vector images bigger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.