Constructive Criticism Please

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by jcwings, Aug 12, 2004.

1. jcwings

jcwings

I'm struggling to find the identity of my new business so I've been playing around with some different ideas. Which is better? Also, what format is best to save a completed design for use on printed media? I hope some of you creative folks will be willing to comment...

2. Itjit

Itjit

I like the first one with the home.

3. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Yup, I'll have to agree that I like the house on the hill a lot.

4. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

I like them both... but the one with the house seems to go along with the name of the company better. :)

5. WebProNet

WebProNet

I like the first logo, too. But, here is an idea...

Take away the "A" in "COAST" and put the tip of the house in the place of the A, then make the swish a little bigger.

Just an idea...

6. 5GallonAlan

5GallonAlan

Excellent idea WebPro.
    Also...Home Inspection would look good in royal blue and I like the underline of Coast in the second one.

7. inhighghear

inhighghear

jcwings,
    Can you tell me where you found the great house image?. I've been looking for a simple, abstract line drawing of a house for a real estate company. I have been unsuccessful in my search
    : o_please
    Thanks
    inhighgear

8. jcwings

jcwings

inhighghear,

I did it myself. Like you, I couldn't find a decent image of a house that was public domain or that suited my needs. I looked at many shapes, tons of clipart and several photos and finally found a house that I could freehand sketch into the basic shape that I wanted. I was wanting something that looked as though you were looking slightly uphill. I worked it through Jasc Paintshop Pro to change the color to go along with the logo I was attempting to create. I sketched several before I settled on this one.

9. inhighghear

inhighghear

Thanks for confirming that it's sometimes hard to find just the right clip!

inhighgear