Confused about versions

Discussion in 'The Youtube Channel Art Creator' started by DouglasJH, Apr 21, 2015.

1. DouglasJH

DouglasJH

I have purchased various versions of TLC, including the Youtube Graphics Maker. I seem to have three different ways in (original TLC, Youtube Graphics Creator, Youtube Channel Art Installer) all of them leading to the same interface. On none of them do I see the buttons you demonstrate in the Canvas format window in your video on the subject. My version of TLC shows as 6.8.0

Is there an upgrade I am missing?

2. KD-did

KD-did

after naming project.jpg
    The icon doesn't always represent the version. Youtube Graphics Maker is 6.8.11 No further updates or upgrades are available.The canvas format screen shows up after naming your project and chosing between thumbnail or banner.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    snginc likes this.
  3. Affinity

Affinity

I'm a little confused also. Why not just sell everyone the version 6.8.11 engine and use graphics updates for the various packages. Also, I thought the idea of combining Logo and Business Card Creation into one version made lots of sense as the base product. My suggestion would be packaging:
    (1) Engine 6.8.11 (with Logo and Business Card Pack add-on)
    (2) Engine 6.8.11 (with Social Art Creator Pack add-on)
    (3) Engine 6.8.11 (with Cartoon & Character Pack add-on)

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The youtube add on is actually version 6.8.11- you have to use that version (it has a bit of added functionality) for the youtube overlay, and for the new max size of 2880 x 2880 to work correctly.

snginc likes this.
  5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The only real difference between the youtube version is the max size of the logo is doubled to 2880 x 2880, the use of the youtube overlay, and some added functionality in regards to skewing images and text along the x axis, or y axis--- plus some behind the scenes stuff no one really cares about. Once you install the Youtube add on you should stop using the old icon you used to start version 6.8. with.

The youtube product can be installed, and used without the logo creator. If you do that, you dont get the 200 templates and graphics that come with the logo creator...

gunsmoke and snginc like this.
  6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Because Laughingbird software is a business. That's why. The company makes money by selling different products at different prices. It doesn't get much simpler than that!

snginc likes this.