Compare!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Worlock, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Im surprised that Ive never seen a post about logo creation software anywhere on the forum, So I thought I would. Creation of logos can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be, Your only limited by your imagination and creativity processes. But how would you know whats best for you in wanting to purchase software for the creation of logos? If you do a search on the internet, you will see there are some programs that will allow you to do this, and others that just want your money with a lot of hype on their pages. If your new to this idea or you have been doing this for a very long time, I hope I can give you a better choice in your decision and your selection. Now before I say more, Just let me say this:

I am not paid nor an authority on any software or affiliated with any company that deals in software reviews...This is just my personal opinion.

So with that out of the way let me proceed!

I actually own software that either says it can make logos ( even tho it was made for drawing ) and I own software that was designed to create logos. Heres the difference!

Paint programs can do many things if you know how to really use them for designing and you can get some really cool pictures out of them, But actually being a logo design program, I say no!

Programs that are made to actually create logos are ok too, the only problem I have with them is the fact that they actually dont have a life in the creation, All their elements are bland, flat and mostly sillhouettes of shapes, no dimension no depth. dont believe me? take a look at these examples you would get from the ones that are out there for sale!

[​IMG]

Now they all have very simular creation techniques..enlarging, coloring..etc..etc.( U get the idea )

But really now. some of these cost anywhere from $29.00 to $79.00, You have to ask yourself was the money well spent?
    Id say NO again!

Now look at laughingbirds creations, Its elements...So much more Life, Creative choices, colorful and not a bland look to any of them! So if you really want the best for your dollar, I think this choice is very clear, And if it isnt...I really know that after youve spent your hard earned money on a version like these others, You will cry because you didnt make the right choice in the first place!...So do yourself a favor...Research what I have shown you here , then make the best decision you can when it concerns your money....Thats all I have....Worlock!

2. geovani

geovani

AAA Logo Creater

With AAA Logo you can create almost any type of website graphics or business graphics for high resolution printing. Logos, banners, buttons, headers and icons for your website with rich colors, gradients, shadows and reflections. Business graphics such as business cards, letterheads, posters and other business stationery can be designed and printed directly from AAA Logo or created images can be exported for use with other applications.

geovani

SEO

3. KD-did

KD-did

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Yeah if you like using dingbat image looking graphics all the time, I own it too, I had it before I found Logo Creator. And if I had done my homework better, I would have never bought it !

5. KD-did

KD-did

AMEN!!! I made the same mistake Worlock.

AAA is rather expensive for a collection of free dingbats.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Yes it surely is! It was when I bought the very first version of it and after checkingon updates ( I still use it for simple graphics for my daughters website :image01-4: )
    But I think if someone really did look at every feature from every software vendor out there for Logos, Laughingbird has them all beat by versatility, styles, elements, ease of useage and simply the best part...PRICE!
    Let me also add this as well...Updates! Most updates that come from logo software usually have to do with fixing bugs! and not add any different elements or logo designs, to be quite frank, Im glad that when updates come for this software, It does include better toys!

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres another mistake that people fall for...
    this was taken from a website promoting logo creation software: Avanquest

Heres what they say on the main page:
    Now if you are paying attention..how dissapointed you would be losing 300 templates !

A simple mistake that can cost you more money for less product!
    Ive never seen Laughingbird NOT backup what he says you will get!
    I know some users have problems but there are alot of Users and Mods and Admins that are willing to help fix it...to me thats way better than waiting 24 to 72 Hours for an email from support!

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Comparisons: The Logo Creator vs. AAA-Logo vs. My Logo Maker

Wow Worlock.
    What a great post. (and not just because you're praising TLC).

I've wanted to have a comparison-product-thread going for some time.
    This is a great start.

I can probably assume that geovani above is AAA-Logos' SEO guy. But I'd really like to hear from others who are in the same boat as Worlock and KD (those of you who have a few of the other programs and aren't affiliated with any of the makers).

Worlock, I appreciate your kind words above!
    Thanks.

Marc

9. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Logo Examples from other programs

In fact, I'm posting some logo samples I'm seeing from the 'other' guys.
    I'd like some honest opinions from you all:

From The Logo Creator's Sample page:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/sample-logos.html

From AAA-Logo's example page:
    http://www.aaa-logo.com/templates.php

From My Logo Maker (the only screenshots I could find on the program):
    http://www.cooltoolawards.com/software/multimedia/mylogomaker.htm

From Summitsoft:
    http://www.summitsoftcorp.com/products/Logo-Design-Studio/index.asp

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Absolutely NO COMPARISON ( the other guys! )

Actually Marc...I really wasnt trying to "Praise" TLC..I was just trying to really hit home from some questions I seem to always get asked about my logos I design ( even by members on here who have used my logos )...As I have stated before, I started out making animated gifs..and I wanted to go to another level in graphic design and continue upward...I got really SICK and TIRED of seeing sooooo many dingbat graphics in almost every design out there it wasnt even funny any more...Then I recieved a gift from a friend "The Mega Pak"
    Nice gift huh!...I thought so! and I have really had alot of fun and success using it!...I see questions on here people ask about TLC and I always wondered "Why" So I felt I needed to do this from my own perspective, I think I got the Mega Pak just a little over a year ago! and Its been a slide ride ever since :)

I have no problem saying what I feel I need to say! All of you know this! So I feel like EF Hutton...But when I speak, everyone runs, But at least you know when I do, I speak the truth! ( not to mention my mind :image10-2: )

Anyways you are welcome and I hope this lets guests and future members know that here is a product you can have a sure bet on and know you will WIN!

Im just full of surprises huh Marc...HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Also the SEO under Geovani sig is your link to this forum! Check it!

11. KD-did

KD-did

The short of it all boils down to you can either look like you spent hours using Adobe Photo Shop or not...

12. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok...So Im long winded :image20:

13. KD-did

KD-did

I wouldn't say that I would say that you are detail oriented and an elegant writer.

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Thank you Mam...that means alot to me!
    Guess those anger management classes are paying off, since I had to use all my money from the logos Ive sold to pay for it..HAHAHAHA....just kidding!....no Im NOT!

15. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I like how he used the word "almost"

With The Logo Creator The Key Words Is "YOU CAN"!

16. KD-did

KD-did

In my experience there is one thing that none of the competitors can do that TLC can do and that is to "insert images" (textures or photos) in their dingbats or text.

With TLC it is far easier to control the canvas size, each element, and text element independently at anytime during the building process in fewer steps.:lb:

17. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

I agree.

18. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

M L M

Drag and drop your images into the screen...

Font preview of your copy in a window on their screen......

It really is an awesome program

19. KD-did

KD-did

As far as I am aware MLM (and other logo making softwares) don't have a customer support/discussion forums.
    You can make some very nice looking glassy text or images using dingbats by using the glass orbs as the image to insert.

20. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

How about a tutorial?

How about a tut. on using glass orbs to create web 2.0 text
    (I know you have nothing else on your plate) HA HA.

Do you guys really answer all of the questions that come in here?