Comments on my first Logo.

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Chris, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I have been wanting to design logos for small shops here in my small town. I found this software and bought it last night and love it. This is the logo I plan on using for my busness cards to hand to people if they are interested. So what do you think about my logo. Notice the word Sogol is logos backwards. I like that part.

2. blackknight

blackknight

It has Pizzazz, Very nice 1st time.
    Welcome to the software and to the forum. I will warn you that it is addictive and in time the computer will mutate to the side of your head; just so you are warned. :aparty: LOL

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

thanks

Thanks for checking it out. Yeah I have noticed that it can be addicting. So I looked forward to it.

4. Keeper

Keeper

That's good. I am in no position to offer criticism myself with what I produce!

As you asked though this is what I will say:

Having read as much as I can and listened to professionals and so forth the only thing I'd say about your first go and actually many that I've seen on here, is be careful with font styles. The idea of a logo is for someone to see it and go 'wow'. I always think simple fonts with or without 'effects' are better than the more flashy or unusual fonts. You want a viewer to be able to read what is written quickly and understand it.

Please don't take this as 'having a pop' or anything else it's just something I have thought about 'all' logos/badges etc. since I delved into it. Just a personal opinion. I am more than likely talking out of my posterior! I am sure the more experienced (and much better than I) members of this forum will come up with more useful help and tips than this!!

Do you have any views yourself - especially as you are a newcomer to TLC?

DSt

5. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Hi matey and welcome to the forum,
    Keeper is absolutely right about the use of fontstyles and graphics in a logo but seeing as you want to use this design for a bizzcard i think you would get away with it since a bizzcard is something people can hold and look at for longer then when they are just passing by a sign. The bold red orb is your "attention grabber" not the (white) text and the fontstyle makes it interessting enough to have a second look. My suggestions; move the orb to the center and on top of the text. Lose the "swooshes" or place in front of orb if you have to keep it. Change the color of the bottom text (black?) and use a thinner font. Just my two cents hé.
    Logos-sogol clever!
    Good luck!
    MD

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Wow great team work here!

I just want to say thanks for the help here. I will mess around with it some more and see what I can come up with. Thanks again. I see this being a long friendship. LOL. :mouse:

7. bootfit

bootfit

I am a newbie...this Logo software is the best thing since, ahhhhh..sliced...well you know what I mean....any way...I have my first opportunity to submit a logo that will make some $$$$...the logo is perfect, except for one color...I cant seem to get red (255,0,0). and i have tried and tried till i'm red...er pink in the face....

I have a red text element and it is fine, however, the image element is more of a pink or salmon and no matter what i do it wont turn RED!!

If you would like to see it...youll have to tell me how, i dont know how to attach the logo

HELP please

Thanks!!

Bootfit

8. KD-did

KD-did

Bootfit, after you do a RGB input the object may stay weirdly colored until you touch the canvas again. It is one of the reasons I don't size my canvas until I go to export. Sometimes it takes touching a white area on the canvas or another element. This doesn't happen all the time.

To add an attachment to your post..."go advanced" then manage attachment" browse. After locating it on your computer it is upload. When it is finished it is submit.

9. bootfit

bootfit

Thanks for the reply...actually I have noticed those things you mention...the red area im trying to get is actually red when building, but when it is actually inserted on the canvas, it turns pink. I have added my logo so you can see it.

Attached Files:

10. KD-did

KD-did

I can see that while your 2 red elements seem to match with the ***** eye Takecolor says they don't match. My thought is the circle is actually a layered image and isn't going to let you color it exactly as you would like. There are a couple of work arounds.
    1) The easiest and quickest way is to use a dingbat circle. The advantage is you will be able to get the exact red and because dingbats are fonts images you will gain the abilities that are available for text.
    2) use a solid circle element that does color the way you want and use the same circle element on top colored white and then continue.
    3) match the text to the red circle.

A dingbat that has the outside hollow circle and an inside solid circle is "basic button". It is available on many free font sites.

11. bootfit

bootfit

Im sorry, dingbat circle??? i didnt see it the text element...by the way, I bought the corporate and leisure editions....I think will help

12. KD-did

KD-did

You do have 1 dingbat in ebbeded fonts called "shapes". You would download and install a dingbat to your system font folder.

13. bootfit

bootfit

my logo is one of three accepted. we will vote on the best at a luncheon tomorrow...wish me luck and thanks again...

bootfit

14. KD-did

KD-did

Wish you lots of luck. I would love to see your entry!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.